306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Really makes you think. ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Castle Combe 12/3/16 this Sat @ BHP day a £100,000k fully raced /caged Audi A8 doing 120mph towards Round Folly clipped a Catherham joining the track causing it take flight & flip & barrel roll lots ...it was smashed into hundreds of pieces & only because of the roll cage did he survive ...
I'm going slightly quicker at that point myself Crazy

TODAY 14/3/16 ....another track day ...a 63 year old man in a road going Astor 911 Dies at Combe...the helicopter is called but he was DOA ...

Makes you think guys ?
The place is covered in motorsport is dangers signs, I don't think anyone takes to the track not mentally accepting that if it goes wrong it could well be fatal.

Out of interest, the 63 year old are we suggesting medical incident at the wheel causing his death or a driver error fatal crash?
To be honest I'd never go on track and properly give it some without a cage and harnesses. It's just far too easy to lose it, and there is too many track day Heros that could stack it into you
(14-03-2016, 08:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]The place is covered in motorsport is dangers signs, I don't think anyone takes to the track not mentally accepting that if it goes wrong it could well be fatal.

Out of interest, the 63 year old are we suggesting medical incident at the wheel causing his death or a driver error fatal crash?

Heart Attack sadly ...but he had a big crash a couple of years ago at Brands Hatch & had metal plates in his head etc ...
Incidents like that really bring the message home. The excitement on the day can overwhelm some and make them think they're invincible, the state of driving on the action days can be really worrying.

(15-03-2016, 06:40 AM)Day666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2016, 08:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest, the 63 year old are we suggesting medical incident at the wheel causing his death or a driver error fatal crash?

Heart Attack sadly ...but he had a big crash a couple of years ago at Brands Hatch & had metal plates in his head etc ...

Well, I'm not gonna say you could maybe have seen that coming but......
Scary to think that he's had a fatal heart attack before he even reached state pension age.

(15-03-2016, 08:54 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Incidents like that really bring the message home. The excitement on the day can overwhelm some and make them think they're invincible, the state of driving on the action days can be really worrying.

It's peoples over excitement that is the reason I won't do the 15/20 min sessions, People seem to have this urge to go straight out and flat out trying to fit a full 2 hours of hero-ness into 4 laps on cold tyres. Dare I suggest that the people who can only afford the 15/20 min sessions are also the ones more likely to be dickheads in the first place.
Its motorsport. Its dangerous. FCS isnt having 15 minute sessions now and nor are lots of the shows. Its gone to 3x 2 hour slots now probably in the hope of pricing out the have a go heroes and reducing the number of incidents and mainly the waiting time!
Thus the reason I'm happy to not bother with action days anymore. Waste of money and time if I'm honest
(15-03-2016, 03:29 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Its motorsport. Its dangerous. FCS isnt having 15 minute sessions now and nor are lots of the shows. Its gone to 3x 2 hour slots now probably in the hope of pricing out the have a go heroes and reducing the number of incidents and mainly the waiting time!

It was always ridiculous when some monumental bell end would go charging first out the pits and total their car at the first corner and the session would be red flagged before everyone was even out the pits.
action days have always been full of idiots! always will be !
(15-03-2016, 11:24 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]action days have always been full of idiots! always will be !

Totally Agree Guys ....All the gear & no F-CKING Idea
(16-03-2016, 07:06 AM)Day666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-03-2016, 11:24 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]action days have always been full of idiots! always will be !

Totally Agree Guys ....All the gear & no F-CKING Idea

It's why I've always enjoyed doing them tbh. Nothing like murdering an impreza sti in your volvo estate...
Those kinda days are quite well known for accidents though, just like Japfest, Trax and stuff - there's always a few good smashes.
cause people think they have a lowered subaru with some stickers, or something with GTR or GTi on the back and instantly think they are lewis hamilton.. as has been said, all the gear, and no idea..

money cant buy skill,
It can buy decent tyres, brakes, suspension and a full alignment though.

but how often do you see numptys thrashing the hell out of utter dogs and then crying like a child when it all go's pear-shaped??
(18-03-2016, 03:13 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]It can buy decent tyres, brakes, suspension and a full alignment though.

but how often do you see numptys thrashing the hell out of utter dogs and then crying like a child when it all go's pear-shaped??

all the time have you seen the honda community ?
Ha funny you should mention that, the local Type R driver in my Village has got the nickname "Johnny revs-a-lot"
But its a VTEC Honda...he needs to rev a lot to get anywhere... Wink
Geezer bounces it off the limited in every single f*cking gear though.
(21-03-2016, 12:53 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]Geezer bounces it off the limited in every single f*cking gear though.

yeah that's about where peak torque is...  nothing up till 50 before the rev line,  15ft/lb at the red line...