306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dead dash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.
My speedo rev counter and fuel gauge are all dead on my dash, it's a 97 gti6.
Oil temp water temp and milometer are ok and everything lights up just these three gauges are dead.
I've pulled the binnacle out and checked the multi plugs are all correctly placed and all is ok there.
Any ideas chaps?
Check the large fuse's under the bonnet, had this once and all I did was pulled them all out and stuck them in again and all was good, just corrosion
NIce one miles thanks I'll give them a clean up when I'm up to morrow afternoon and see if that's the problem.
So, Progress......and problems!

You gotta love pug electrics haha!
I've pulled and cleaned all of the fuses under the bonnet which has reset the dash which is sweet !

Unfortunately now every time I switch the ignition on the headlights flash in sequence for maybe 15 seconds or so. If you pull the relay under the dash they stop. The lights still work with this relay out what does it control? It's the brown one in the pic.
[attachment=26742]
if the headlights are flashing the alarm is triggered
i expect the siren is buggered as most are

lock the car again
unlock car
put keys in ignition
push and hold button near ign keys on cowl (looks like wifi symbol)
turn ign on

that will disable the alarm
Thanks cull I hadn't actually picked up that it was doing it from as soon as I opened the door as opposed to putting green the ignition on or I might have clicked!
So on goes the saga, the headlights were being triggered by the alarm. That's now sorted. However now every time u start the car the oil temp gauge is flashing and is showing 90 degrees. It's done this intermittently for a while but I just used to reset the ignition and it cured it, it's now constant. God I love this car haha.
if the oil gauge flashes i would check the oil level manually as the sensor probe is saying low oil
The oil level is good it's 3/4 of the way up the marks so no problem there. I'm assuming the two are related as the gauge pops up and shows 90 when you put the ignition on even if the car is stone cold.
when you turn the ign on the gauge raises and lights to show oil level, then after 10-15 seconds the light goes out gauge drops back then begins to measure oil temp when the car is running.
Thanks a lot for the pointers chaps. My bad I didn't realise the gauge read level as well as well as temp. All sorted!
The original post describes a problem I've had and diagnosed for others. It's a cabin fuse that's blown, look in the fuse box diagram for something like cig lighter/radio/instrument. Fuse 19 on my rallye phase 2 box.