306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How much to write an app?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title says?  I have an idea...but on second thoughts after asking I'll Let you know how it turns out
ooow the suspense!
IOS or Android?
How long is a piece of string..
depends what you want to write really, if it was flappy bird would be way easier than say a facebook app with a lot more variables. the best bet is get in contact with someone that actually writes apps for a living or hobby then go from there
Someone wanted to make an App on the apprentice last year...the costs were in the thousands!! Presumably can be done much cheaper but I had no idea they could cost so much lol.
It totally depends what on earth you want it to do..

I could write one that says "hello world" in 20 seconds, if you want it to make cups of tea and provide reacharounds, the costs unsurprisingly will be significantly higher?!
I'm guessing reacharounds will be via in app purchase's

Tongue
I s'pose it may not need to be in the form of an app but poss just software to run a room with motion sensors that tracks and records movement within the room!
I don't have a clue about writing software so don't know where to start really and cost is a major factor!
Erm, it's already been done..
Yeah I know that's the easy bit that's already been done!
Unless you do it yourself or find someone fresh from uni or something it's probably going to be expensive
As an ex app type person that spent over 20k over 5 years, don't do it unless it is original and unique. It will just suck money from your savings/bank account