306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tar spots...black overspray! (&claybar)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok chaps...

Not exactly a guy who gets anal about cleaning...despite my OCD... But both cars, esp the 206 have horrific tar spots.

Like someone sprayed a black car up wind.

Ideas? Product suggestions?

Also the 206 needs a proper going over this spring, claybar, machine polish etc after it gets a little bodywork done...

I hate claybarring... But I like the results.

Seen some claybar mitts...any good? Product suggestions?

Ta much kindly Smile
I still use normal claybar on mine with some dojo juice or something to that effect. Cost me a grand total of about 15 quid at car show love the smooth results. If it is tar though. Tar and glue remover from auto glym works really well on that.
I've got a clay mitt, can't remember who makes it but it's a pink mitt with grey 'clay' if that helps, used it with quick detailer to lube and water to rinse.

It is much quicker/easier than real clay, but I'm not sure it's quite as effective tbh. Though being a black car I can only go by feel rather than look!

I really wanted to machine polish mine after a claying, but it seems there is no cheap or easy way to machine polish. Sad
G3 tar remover.. It'll melt off so easily
I've some really really good tar remover if you want some.
i use a clay bar and dodo juice.
Come over to mine, we'll sort it, I have everything.
(03-02-2016, 07:31 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Come over to mine, we'll sort it, I have everything.

understatement of the year
(03-02-2016, 07:31 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Come over to mine, we'll sort it, I have everything.

May well take you up on that pal...

I'll bring the beers yeh?
Tcut lmao
(03-02-2016, 08:45 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]

understatement of the year
haha
(03-02-2016, 10:27 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

May well take you up on that pal...

I'll bring the beers yeh?

not going to say no to a beer
I got some stuff off the autosmart man that comes round called tardis, seems to work ok

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOSMART-TARD...SwYHxWPcAN

And i also go a clay towel off him though i haven't used it yet like this 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autosmart-Clay...SwI-BWQnHq
Tardis is by far the best tar remover you'll find. Buy it in 20L barrels, syphon into a smaller spray bottle and you're away.

As for a clay bar, most clay bars are the same product - you won't find much difference in clay bars and similarly, the clay lube you use as well. A generic detailer is fine - as long as you keep it fairly wet. I wouldn't go after buying premium clay products. It's HOW you use it which matters.
Thanks chaps for the useful advice :-)

Not sure where the tar spots have all come from mind, its all over the car, has come on since last wash a couple weeks ago
"Bilt Hamber Auto Clay SOFT autoclay detailing car clay bar 200g"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141783614339

Your welcome.
(05-02-2016, 10:47 AM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]"Bilt Hamber Auto Clay SOFT autoclay detailing car clay bar 200g"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141783614339

Your welcome.

I personally wouldn't bother spending massive money on clay bars - there's absolutely no difference in them, it's how you use it...

I happily use this as a clay bar
(04-02-2016, 08:31 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]Tardis is by far the best tar remover you'll find. Buy it in 20L barrels, syphon into a smaller spray bottle and you're away.

20 litres? I got a 5 litre can, that will take long enough to use lol
(04-02-2016, 01:17 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Tcut lmao

Also works on dents.......lmao
(05-02-2016, 07:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2016, 08:31 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]Tardis is by far the best tar remover you'll find. Buy it in 20L barrels, syphon into a smaller spray bottle and you're away.

20 litres? I got a 5 litre can, that will take long enough to use lol

Maybe it is the 5 liters cans i buy? either way, i get through loads of it  Itwasntme