306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What car next question :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting to excited now....

As soon as I've finished off my savings to buy a house, I want to get another run around, I'll get rid of the Lexus and keep the super high boost for just weekends...

I ideally want something decently comfy but quick, would like it to be 2 door, might accept 4 door.

At the moment top of the list is C63 AMG coupe, then Lexus ISF. Not really sure what else I would like, I really really like the RC F but its stupidly priced at the moment.

Budget is 30k ish have fun... Tongue
£30k budget I'm guessing most answers on here will be '60 306s'... lol
Hmmm. Id use 10k and build an epic car of choice. 30k is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on a car unless you're loaded deposit on another house with all fees to rent that.
Yeah I'm most likely getting to far ahead of my self anyway, most likely will be spending a shit ton on a house but hey ho finance Tongue
30k budget... E92 M3, R34.. Maybe even an early R35 GTR? C63 is a good shout though. Plenty of decent stuff around for that budget
R35 for the most bang for buck I agree they are awsome, but I really don't want one, I'm weird I know.

RS5 could be a shout I'll have a look at the prices now...
I agree tbh, I don't doubt they're fast cars but they don't have anywhere near the same appeal as an R34. R34 would no doubt continue to appreciate too as they get rarer so not a bad investment.
No blue R34's on auto trader -.-

(26-01-2016, 12:14 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm. Id use 10k and build an epic car of choice. 30k is a ridiculous amount of money to waste on a car unless you're loaded deposit on another house with all fees to rent that.
I know its a waste but only young once hey Tongue

I thought buy to let now has gone shit anyway?
There was a blue v-spec II on pistonheads last time I looked
Any Audi post 2007 will be exclusively driven by a cock. The 2.0tdi by storage heater salesmen, the S/RS by the owner of said storage heater sales company who is trying to impress. It's now garnered the same 'fat businessman' image that Ford had 15 years previous. Or they're being ragged round the Birmingham ring road a 17 year old kid who's stolen his dad's car.

I'd be looking at possibly an older Evora, Cayman S, E92 is in budget... I'd personally be steering away from the typical German stuff on the basis it just looks like you've financed yourself to the eyeballs or it's a company car, but appreciate they're well on the "comfy but quick" spectrum, just personally cannot deal with the image.

Z4M Coupe is another option - IMHO cracking styling and that motor, but do have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a handful!
20k rally car and 10k to go rallying.
Hmmm fair points I agree Tongue

Only german car I've ever wanted is a C63 though just the fact biggest production engine made and the sound.

All said though I really despise BMW's I'd have a R35 over one of them, don't really know why don't like them that much I know they are good cars..

Porsche I really like, but a friend of mine (porsche fan boy) in work has just put a order in for a boxster spyder s or something sounds shitty but they look the bollocks. I don't tell him that though :p. I give him shit all the time messing about, so he wouldn't let me live it down if I got a porsche.

Lexus to me are a bit rarer that why I'm considering one of them... but then I'm thinking they may be harder to live with because its out of the mainstream sort of stuff so parts more expensive etc...

(26-01-2016, 12:43 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]20k rally car and 10k to go rallying.

I would absolutely hate that... I really like to look after a car I own and there is nothing else worse I could do, other than banger racing.

I would feel bad battering the car to death...
If you like something a little rarer and quirkier - V60 Polestar TBH...

[Image: volvo-v60-polestar-road-test-main002.jpg?itok=4r04R0-p]
Inlove   Rofl  whats with you and volvos?

[Image: 8023941969_f0d9ee58d5_b.jpg]

Best get my over time in  Inlove Inlove Inlove Inlove Inlove Inlove Inlove
I said Rally not banger racing.
And i said there's nothing worse I could do..... other than banger racing lol

Means I would feel band going like 70 mph over a crest and smashing the shit out of the car on landing, driving through ruts etc...
Evo

/Thread
If a 2 door evo comes out im on it mate Smile
You won't buy a R35 for 30k anyway.
(26-01-2016, 01:55 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]If a 2 door evo comes out im on it mate Smile

You said maybe to 4 door...

Isn't many other epic 4 doors you could choose!

Always offer your 30k to Norris for their 3 door evo!
(26-01-2016, 01:55 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]If a 2 door evo comes out im on it mate Smile
And as if by magic here it is!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Paj...SwA4dWG6tH
(26-01-2016, 03:07 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: [ -> ]
And as if by magic here it is!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Paj...SwA4dWG6tH

That's pretty cool never spend that money on it though lol

(26-01-2016, 02:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

You said maybe to 4 door...

Isn't many other epic 4 doors you could choose!

Always offer your 30k to Norris for their 3 door evo!

Yeah im sure thats onlny worth 29,999,99

(26-01-2016, 02:45 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]You won't buy a R35 for 30k anyway.

35K you can Smile
(26-01-2016, 12:55 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]Inlove   Rofl  whats with you and volvos?

They make cars that are decent to drive and are totally classless, nobody thinks "what a plonker" when you drive past, they're near invisible - I love that.
I've always know volvo to be build like tanks but only old people drive them and really slow at that lol
classic Jag saloon?
SD1 Vitesse, then spend the balance restoring it Rofl
Hope your bringing this new toy to Pugfest again Luke Smile
How about an RS4 in saloon or estate? 4WD and still 10K+ left in the bank!
(26-01-2016, 03:51 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]classic Jag saloon?
SD1 Vitesse, then spend the balance restoring it Rofl
I did look at a few xfr's and xk's but not so much the older ones they will most likely be wallowy lol
(26-01-2016, 03:59 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope your bringing this new toy to Pugfest again Luke Smile
How about an RS4 in saloon or estate? 4WD and still 10K+ left in the bank!
The super high boost 306? or the new car I want to buy?

RS4's and 6's are good options, I want to drive every car but I'd be forever test driving lol

so far 

1. C63
2.Some Audi depends on which one I like driving the most RS4, 5 or 6
3. Lexus ISF
4. Some Jap crap Smile
Out of all of them, C63 FTW.

I guess Volvo does have that reputation, but the reality is likely somewhat different these days... I don't drive mine slowly Big Grin
Early 90s supra. / Thread
Infact, screw the rest of this thread.

As Tom said - x60 306s - job done.
Pages: 1 2