306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bump strips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi is there any one on here that has removed there bump strips on a 306 5 door thanks
I didn't remove them myself, and mines an estate, but it has had the bump strips removed. Wink

Unfortuntely I'm not on my home PC at the moment, so I can't find a decent photo of it, but if you look closely enough at my sig picture below, you can see. Wink
(14-01-2016, 07:05 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't remove them myself, and mines an estate, but it has had the bump strips removed. Wink

Unfortuntely I'm not on my home PC at the moment, so I can't find a decent photo of it, but if you look closely enough at my sig picture below, you can see. Wink

Thanks it looks well without them
Shame it looks  like this now though:

[attachment=26367]

lmao

Though I favour doors that you can open from outside over those that have no handles, but are the right colour. Luckily managed to get some that had already had the bumpstrips removed though, so they only really need a coat of paint. Wink

Oh, and the ladder is pretty much a permanent feature these days too. lol
Ok I was thinking of de-handling doors might just do locks now, who lowered the rear on yours thanks
The previous owner lowered it, but it also doesn't help that I usually have a boot full of tools. Wink Could really do with it being a bit higher tbh, but the beam is on its way out, so I don't really want to do anything to it that may shorten what's left of it's life.

A word to the wise, if you DO decide to dehandle your rear doors, make sure you have a spare set for MOT time, as dehandled doors will be a fail, as you need to be able to access each door from outside in case of an accident. In my case, I got sick and tired of having to pop the rear doors from inside whenever my kids got in the car, hence why the white ones have ended up staying. Smile
lol @ the hockey stick
(15-01-2016, 08:40 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ the hockey stick

Standard issue, right? Came from the factory like it... Wink
That's a hell of a panel gap between the door and wing as well... lol
(15-01-2016, 08:40 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ the hockey stick

mine do that Sad
(15-01-2016, 08:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a hell of a panel gap between the door and wing as well...  lol

Yeah, that's the knackered arch where the wheel fell off due to some pikey nicking all but the locker. Never bothered me enough to fix it yet...more important things to fix, and even they're not getting done! lol
Are the strips just glued on? No holes?
(15-01-2016, 09:29 PM)Iaitoo Wrote: [ -> ]Are the strips just glued on? No holes?

the strips as standard have holes in the doors and plastic poppers. You cant just remove them like on clios etc.
The white hockey stick makes it look like it's wearing a plaster under its eye aka nelly style :lol
(15-01-2016, 10:14 PM)roland rat Wrote: [ -> ]The white hockey stick makes it look like it's wearing a plaster under its eye aka nelly style :lol

lmao

Yeah, I can see that, but the white is continued across the smooth grill and the other hockey stick too. Wink Basically made a hash of painting the grill silver, ran out of paint, so did it white instead as I has some white paint spare. Big Grin Might get round to doing them silver again one day....maybe! lol