306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: help needed .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello I'm currently building a car to use in autograss its a 306 gti6.1998  model.
I need help to have the ecu unlocked so I can get rid of the immobiliser/ transponder key and barrel from the column .
I live in south wales so any advice on who can unlock it would be helpful.
also I thinking of changing the g/box to a 5 speed can anyone recommend a g/box to use please.
Your best off buying an unlocked ECU from Rich Walker on the 306 gti6 forum.

Gearbox wise I'm guessin you want just quick acceleration so look at a 205 1.6 be gti box I'd say
Nah, use a 1.9/early xsara vts with a 4.8 in it

As for transponder you'll need the immobiliser to give a signal to the ecu to run as standard. For the faff just rewire the ignition, split off the key barrel surround and fix a chip out of a key to it. Weight is bugger all.

And get a diff

And change the power steering ram to a 5 speed one
(10-01-2016, 12:06 PM)roland rat Wrote: [ -> ]Your best off buying an unlocked ECU from Rich Walker on the 306 gti6 forum.

Gearbox wise I'm guessin you want just quick acceleration so look at a 205 1.6 be gti box I'd say

thanks for your reply I cant seem to find details for rich walker would you have any details pls .
regards steve.
He's known as rich_w on the gti6 forum