306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Finally got it plugged in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've had issues with my hdi not starting, turning over but not firing. I managed to get a diagnostic on it and it's brought up P0560 which says 'system voltage malfunction'. Does anyone know what this could be or how to sort it?
Looks like somethings not getting power...nice vague code that one!

Would be better off getting it on pug planet tbh.
ECU has shut down due to low voltage

check you battery is fully charged and in good condition
check the main battery earths gearbox-battery and gearbox-chassis
check the main battery + connections including the smaller white wire on the alternator+ terminal
Cheers cully for the advice, I'll try and get it done in the next week and see where it goes from there. It wouldn't have damaged the ecu would it? Really don't fancy replacing it
ecu shuts down on low voltage Wink
should be ok once youve sorted the low voltage issue

when i say check the earths
i mean take them off clean the mating surfaces and rebolt them, dont just look at them you wont see the poor joint untill you remove them Wink
My alternator is actually dodgey, it's not producing enough voltage like it should, I have another ready to fit when I get the chance. That wouldn't be a possible cause of what's happened would it? I'll have good check and clean them, not sure where to find all of them so I'll do a bit of research and get to it
if your alternator isn't producing 14.4v or around that you wont get the battery fully charged
the problem could very well be just your alternator is dead
It's hitting 11 I think and barely 12.9 at 3k revs so that will be another job to do, annoying job I think!
with those voltages you will not be charging the battery for sure

your problem will be with your alternator
you may have killed your battery too if its been discharged to long it will be sulphated up!
Hasn't your alternator been knackered for months lol? That's probably ruining the battery tbh. Confused Sort it out! Big Grin
Yeah it certainly has! I need to get round to it but how difficult is it? Don't fancy paying a garage silly money to fit it. I've gotten a different battery since which is fine but obviously I need to sort the alternator out asap
It's a pain in the arse to be honest.

Unless you've removed the AC pump /radiator /PAS pump its a twat of a job.

Does help if you have small japanese hands
(03-01-2016, 11:07 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a pain in the arse to be honest.

Unless you've removed the AC pump /radiator /PAS pump its a twat of a job.

Does help if you have small japanese hands
Or a small Japanese helper lol
Where exactly are the locations where I need to clean up? I had a look today but had no idea where to start
Change the damn alternator ffs... Tongue
Okay that's my first job then, I'll get on it tomorrow
there is a wealth of info in the guides section, well worth a long good look in there and print info off like earth point locations etc.

alternator brushes are available, have address in my black book if you want it
I have changed he alternator but no success in getting the car started. If the ecu has shut down, how do I get it going again?
Is the battery fully charged now then? Not starting at all? ECU will be fine when it see's high enough voltage.
I took it out of the car to charge overnight yes but it still doesn't recognise there is enough power to get it going

I'm wondering whether a bad earth somewhere might be an issue. As the days leading up to the complete failure to start, the car struggled starting first time. Could a bad earth prevent it from starting up?
Put a jump lead between battery negative and anywhere bare metal on the engine block - closer to the starter the better - if it's better, definitely the earth.
So when I clip a jump lead from the negative to any bare metal on the block, then try and start the engine?
Yes

Nothing connected by rubber where you won't get an earth
Okay I'll give that a go too, I have a few things to check, earthing, fuses, and I'm going to take the battery out and fully charge it out of the car to see if it provides the ecu with enough power to get it going. I'll be back on tomorrow to say how it goes

Thanks for your help!
live data in from the ecu will tell you the voltage and at cranking Wink
Just tried a full car battery after charging it all day and still no luck, the mileage isn't showing on the dash etc, it only lights up, any ideas on what next?
Did you try the jump lead earth?
Forgot about that, need to go get it from work today
No luck Sad
I have no idea why the heap of junk isn't working, tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get someone to tow me to the garage and I'll leave it with them to see if it's worth repairing.
Pages: 1 2 3