306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: eBay idiots...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To think that some people are let loose in public sometimes is frightening. People this thick should be limited to padded cells, in secure hospitals, on remote islands, somewhere far away.

Brief - Bloke wins 4 different auctions on eBay on Saturday night, totalling £29.77 + £8.00 postage (£2.00 per item)

Bloke emails me asking for combined postage

I offer £3.50 postage now signed-for recorded delivery

Bloke goes to eBay checkout

Selects "Collection in Person" (incurring a 270 mile-round trip)

I invoice via PayPal £5.00 postage costs for the items.

The response?

Quote:Why have I got another invoice for £5 when I've payed the full amount of £29.77 inc P&P.
It's not a auction then add some more on after the winning bid has finished?

And my response...

Quote:Hi ******,

I received your eBay message earlier today asking me to invoice you for postage costs for the 4 items combined.

I had originally proposed that you pay £3.50 instead of £8.00 and I would send as one package, signed for delivery.

Before I could respond to your message this morning you sent over a payment of £29.77 and selected the option "Collection in Person".

Since Poole is quite a long way to come and would undoubtably cost you more than £3.50 in fuel I figured I would send you an invoice to post the items. Unfortunately, since you have completed checkout via eBay already without paying postage costs, I will now incurr fees on any amount I wish to charge you for postage. Therefore the rate has gone from £3.50 up to £5.00 postage to account for this.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Chris.

I'm happy just to refund the bloke the £30 for the items if things escalate.
The guys from Poole? That's only down the road from me, name and shame so I can go to his house a personally tell him he's a complete tit! Hahaha
seems to be a lot of dicks on ebay atm!
Hasn't paid the invoice and hasn't replied to my email yet either. I know he was online as he last responded just before I replied to him.

Tempted just to tell him the address he can collect from. Maybe I'll be in when he turns up. Maybe I won't...
I never understand how people like this can earn themselves a living and do general day to day type jobs seriously injuring themselves.
Refund the idiot and relist the stuff people like this should be shot. if you are not happy paying the full postage of £2 per item he shouldnt of bid in the first place. you didnt have to reduce the postage for him what a idiot....
I got replied to!!

Quote:Hi just to try and clear this mistake up the invoice I paid ie £29.77 had £8 of p&p on it £2 for each item ?

Na-ah, I'll put this as simply as I possibly can...

Quote:Hi there,

The payment received was £29.77

The eBay items cost as follows -
Item Number 130688228439 = £8.00
Item Number 130688226928 = £8.00
Item Number 130688222978 = £6.15
Item Number 130688222231 = £7.62

The above costs do not allow for postage.

Your PayPal transaction ID - #1DG76841M1882793D

Item Total: £29.77 GBP
VAT:
Postage: £0.00 GBP
Seller discount or charges: £0.00 GBP

Possibly by mistake you have selected "Collect in Person" for the above items.

Chris.
What a complete monger.
Has anyone got an Abacus we can send him with his parcel? Just for Troll lolols?
Boring!

He paid my £5.00 postage invoice.
What annoys me about Ebay is that as a seller you can't leave negative or neutral feedback, but it's so so easy for them to....plus I find it so annoying when you sell things, dispatch next day, do everything right and then don't recieve feedback at all....I'm on 64* with 100% positive so far but have probably sold close to 100 item....grrr
Fortunately I've not to deal with anyone like this, I make my multibuy policy very clear and auctions pretty fool proof.
to be honest i never even bother trying to see on ebay anymore, always deal with idiots and then ebay rapes you for fees.
think last time i sold something i got £150 for item at auction, by time ebay n paypal(same thing but both need a cut seemingly) took their respective fees i got £100 out of it!! would of been better off keeping it to be honest
^^ Echoing what Sweeney said, it's daylight robbery imo. I have stuff I wanna sell (which tbh I will probably just bung up after getting bored of trying to sell it elsewhere) but I just can't bring myself to effectively sell at a loss to cover the fees etc, or price the items way above what they're worth.
Yea in hindsight the fees are ridiculous. I sold £760-worth of stuff and have just been invoiced for a fraction over 10% of that - £80. So expensive to use their services nowadays.

PayPal is part of the eBay group too, which really pisses me off, since you pay eBay fees and then you pay PayPal fees on top?!

Thieving scum, but what can you do...