306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: White smoke on start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

Iv had my little gti6 for a little over a week now. Now it's got cold iv noticed a little more smoke out the back than normal. It goes away once the car is warm.

Its just wondering if anybody else has the same issue? Any common sensors to check that could cause it?

Other than the smoke the car has no other issues. From the short time iv had it, it doesn't use oil or coolant. If it's nothing I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks in advance
Smoke or Steam? Sounds stupid but a lot of people seem to struggle to tell the difference. Steam is fine. These engines seem to produce a lot of condensation on cold starts in winter.
It could just be steam. It's pretty noticeable in the morning. But it goes away after a while. If it's common I'll keep an eye on my fluid levels and let it be.
Nearly all petrol cars will run rich when cold out sometimes as low as 11 AFR. This shouldn't create any smoke so the only place it can be coming from if it is smoke is oil or water. Keep an eye on them and if they don't drop, you should be fine.
Also try and get a video of it.
Will do matey. Cheers for the help
my cabby steams up the drive early in the morning, it does steam alot, but then you have to remember these are not tiny engines, Smile
Hiya. The last few mornings have been milder and I haven't noticed a thing. I'm guessing it's something and nothing. Cheers for the advice though