306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New tyre ratings from November 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Though this was a pretty good idea myself.

[Image: 399011_10151610871760392_726150391_24213...8901_n.jpg]
Good idea but not for any of us. All of us on here don't care about MPGs* and noise ratings. Just sheer grip!

*this excludes toms306 who should actually be called tomsiwillneverbehappywithanycar
the wet braking is very useful and those of us who do do long journeys may be interested in the noise ratings. I think this is a brilliant idea myself!
Terry the technician eh? Its a good idea I think.
Brilliant idea. This is going to be on a lot of things soon lol
The grip is a good idea.

But mpg is down to the driver and conditions, tyres don't really change it in my experience more than 1 or 2 mpg average.

And who knows what 70db sounds like?

It's theoretically a good idea, just not sure its as useful as it seems.
Toms306 Wrote:The grip is a good idea.

But mpg is down to the driver and conditions, tyres don't really change it in my experience more than 1 or 2 mpg average.

Wrong Tom. When the original dunlops on the skoda wore out, they put on some Eco continentals and they have made about a 5-7mpg difference and a big notice on a full tank. Noiser though and as soft as shite round corners Sad
I think it'll reduce sales massively of shit tyres and push up sales of decent tyres. Like who is going to buy tyres rated below c for Christs sake? Its like the fridges in comet have all these ratings and nobody would ever buy one with a bad rating!
SRowell Wrote:I think it'll reduce sales massively of shit tyres and push up sales of decent tyres. Like who is going to buy tyres rated below c for Christs sake? Its like the fridges in comet have all these ratings and nobody would ever buy one with a bad rating!

People with cars like Chris would!
SRowell Wrote:I think it'll reduce sales massively of shit tyres and push up sales of decent tyres. Like who is going to buy tyres rated below c for Christs sake? Its like the fridges in comet have all these ratings and nobody would ever buy one with a bad rating!

People who can't afford the price tag that will inevitably come with those tyres branded 'A' or 'B', or those who simply don't care/don't understand/don't want to understand.
I think half the problem is going to be the tyres with low noise and good economy are going to be the ones with f*ck all grip. f*ck all grip is not good.
Niall Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:The grip is a good idea.

Wrong Tom. When the original dunlops on the skoda wore out, they put on some Eco continentals and they have made about a 5-7mpg difference and a big notice on a full tank. Noiser though and as soft as shite round corners Sad

Oh that's good then, I've had various wheels tyres on mine and barely noticed a difference. I haven't had and proper eco ones tho tbf.
Yeah tbf there shite and are slippy in the rain which is fun in a big estate with no grip and no power Smile
High MPG and low road noise will be the ones I'll be going for! :mrgreen:

Although I wonder what effect this will have on how much tires cost
Good idea, not so well executed. Over-simplifying things like this just leads idiots to believe they're experts. With any luck it'll help get rid of certain "less-than-decent" brands of tyre though...
Niall Wrote:Yeah tbf there shite and are slippy in the rain which is fun in a big estate with no grip and no power Smile

And thats exactly the reason I've never bought eco ones! lol