306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ph2/3 front swap to Ph1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done some searching, but can't find much. Apologies as I'm new to 306's, so this might be an obvious answer. 

Is it possible to swap to a Ph1 front on a Ph2/3 car? 

I'm looking at (and potentially buying) a Ph2 with Ph3 headlights, but I prefer the Ph1 front. I'd like to swap to Ph1 maybe!

Thanks in advance.
Bumper slam panel wings lights indicators side repeaters hockey sticks

And grill
Nice, thanks!
(17-11-2015, 10:33 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Bumper slam panel wings lights indicators side repeaters hockey sticks

And grill

And bonnet?
(17-11-2015, 01:13 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2015, 10:33 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Bumper slam panel wings lights indicators side repeaters hockey sticks

And grill

And bonnet?

good call Big Grin
Wiring the lights is a pita afaik
I would love to see It on a late ph3! Would confuse the cops no end! They'd be like that's not right, wtf, screeeeeeech! Nee naw nee naw nee naw lol. Ok maybe not but it would draw some funny looks for def!
Sam Barker is phase 1ing a phase 3 as we speak Smile
(17-11-2015, 10:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Wiring the lights is a pita afaik
I'm not too worried on wiring. I quite enjoy car wiring Smile

(18-11-2015, 12:19 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see It on a late ph3! Would confuse the cops no end! They'd be like that's not right, wtf, screeeeeeech! Nee naw nee naw nee naw lol. Ok maybe not but it would draw some funny looks for def!
Haha, would they? Surely 99% of cops wouldn't know the difference between Ph1/2/3? Infact, I bet 99% of everyone wouldn't know the difference!  Rofl

(18-11-2015, 09:27 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]Sam Barker is phase 1ing a phase 3 as we speak Smile
Good shout! I did a search and found his thread. Very cool to see!!
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31030
(18-11-2015, 11:20 AM)Dazecoop Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2015, 10:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Wiring the lights is a pita afaik
I'm not too worried on wiring. I quite enjoy car wiring Smile

(18-11-2015, 12:19 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see It on a late ph3! Would confuse the cops no end! They'd be like that's not right, wtf, screeeeeeech! Nee naw nee naw nee naw lol. Ok maybe not but it would draw some funny looks for def!
Haha, would they? Surely 99% of cops wouldn't know the difference between Ph1/2/3? Infact, I bet 99% of everyone wouldn't know the difference!  Rofl

(18-11-2015, 09:27 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]Sam Barker is phase 1ing a phase 3 as we speak Smile
Good shout! I did a search and found his thread. Very cool to see!!
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=31030
Remember the police used to use 306's mate, if a y plate phase1 rolled by most traffic cops I reckon they would know! Me personally I've only had 16 of them so know them well enough to spot a 306 that's been fkt with a mile away, but yeah most non car people wouldn't know!
@Dum-Dum let's ask the resident officer! Chris what do you think, most cops would notice the difference or not?
Are the wings not the same?

Also need boot, bumpers and side strips

I was actually thinking of doing a complete hdi to phase one conversion, including interior ,bumpers ,boot etc , in a Miami blue

Refinement and reliability (stage 3 power) no rods out of the block to worry about with old skool looks (Miami Blue)
Hdi rods aren't indestructible!

As for wiring for the lights, if you get a set of ph2/ph3 front lights and smash the connectors out of them, you can make plug and play looms for ph1 headlights

The rear lights are a different story. You could get a set of Lexus light looms for a ph2/3 and then get a ph1 wiring loom from a scrapper and make looms up that way. Or like I did just solder ph1 loom onto ph3 wiring.

Bit of messing to get ph1 tailgate up and running as ph1 has washer jet on wiper arm as opposed to at the top of the tailgate, and also wiring runs up different sides of the tailgate for the wiper motor.

Rest is easy enough.
I really wanted to do this when i had my ph3 but didnt fancy spending unnecessary money on a 306 lol
All great info, thanks everyone!

"Unnecessary money on a 306" is very true -- haha. But I think I'll go ahead with this! Potentially buying said car tonight, I'll post up photos into a project thread this week!

If anyone has any Ph1 parts - please PM me, lol. Especially bonnet/headlights! Smile Thanks!
(23-11-2015, 10:47 AM)Dazecoop Wrote: [ -> ]All great info, thanks everyone!

"Unnecessary money on a 306" is very true -- haha. But I think I'll go ahead with this! Potentially buying said car tonight, I'll post up photos into a project thread this week!

If anyone has any Ph1 parts - please PM me, lol. Especially bonnet/headlights! Smile Thanks!

Tbh if i had kept mine, i would've given in to temptation and gone ahead with it sooner or later lol

Good luck with it and keep us posted!