306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cheap courier for a large box 15 kilo'ish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to get a courier for a box measuring 120 cm x 60cm x 30 cm, Destination highlands and islands!
Parceltogo say it's too long for any service and parcel force want £39 so too dear!
Any suggestions ladies and gents?
The problem is the size, not the weight. £39 doesn't expensive for that tbh. Same as a set of wheels.

Tried Paisley freight?
I know it doesn't seem too bad but it makes the contents of the box quite expensive in total!
can you repack it as the volume is too hight for my hermes
Afraid not Cully, its a pair of 3 door door cards, so length is what it is, I could possibly lose the box and shrink wrap with a bit of bubble wrap to protect them but, I still don't think it will dip under a meter
Plug the details in on interparcel and they will compare. Its what i use for all of mine. Sent a 40 kilo one the other day for less than that!!
I had the same issue trying to post 3 door doorcards, just refunded the buyer and binned them in the end lol.

As said its the size not the weight. Much easier to post a 30kg gearbox than anything longer than a metre. Confused
parcel monkey? they take my axles for decent money
Mine was about that size was the full relocation manifold and turbo off my 2.1! Wasnt small
Its not over a metre long surely though!?
Parcel hero just took a 50" tv to Lancs for just 14£, always use them and their default courier is UPS so quite reassuring
Cheers lads, will try a few of these and let you's know how it goes!
try interparcel, they use a variety of couriers, pf being one and usually cheaper through interparcel.

avoid hermes, on a par with Yodel :/
Parcelhero is coming in at £20 so maybe a winner there!
I tried inter parcel earlier today and either it was stoopid expensive or parcel too big, can't remember, quoted a few today! But cheers everyone for all the replies!
Thanks for the help guys! Going to go with parcel hero for this. I've arranged things through parcel monkey and my Hermes the last couple of times so UPS makes me feel safer. Should hopefully have door cards for the rally for next week Wink