306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ph 1 XRDT remote locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the XRDT have remote central locking, or did Peugeot put up the sensor and give you a key fob that looks like it has it just for fun? I have the one button key. Also tried reprogramming according to the cars manual, but no luck.

Mine doesnt work, and just to be sure I changed the battery. But the bulb is not lighting up. (tried battery both ways, as I dont know which side it is supposed to be. Old battery might have been in the wrong way for all I know. If I put the battery directly to the circuit board, the bulb lights up red if the battery is put to a sertain location.  But that is without pushing the button.

Anyone got some tips for me on this? Smile

Well, I changed the battery to the same type that was in it already. Which was a 2032. After cleaning the plastic for dust, I notice that it says 2016.. Might be the problem there. Gonna buy new batteries tomorrow Smile
No luck with new battery.
Well it's knackered isn't it lol, buy another, they're usually cheap enough, someone on here will have one spare Smile
From my looking in ours, it seems like they definitely fitted central locking, defiantly fitted the sensor for remote locking, and provided the cut inserts for remote keys. I have yet to find anything else of the remote locking system however, and the apparently correct key for ours doesn't seem to be able to be programmed. I'm a little confused and decided to give up!

Let us know what you find and how you solve the issue, I'm looking forward to seeing if you fins a solution before I get around to it!

Rich
(09-11-2015, 11:09 PM)RAW Wrote: [ -> ]From my looking in ours, it seems like they definitely fitted central locking, defiantly fitted the sensor for remote locking, and provided the cut inserts for remote keys.  I have yet to find anything else of the remote locking system however, and the apparently correct key for ours doesn't seem to be able to be programmed.  I'm a little confused and decided to give up!  

Let us know what you find and how you solve the issue, I'm looking forward to seeing if you fins a solution before I get around to it!  

Rich

Ordered a new circuit for the key. Mine is corroded. Will see if that solves it. Looked at your thread, so when I get the new circuit, I will also check if anything is actually connected to the reciever in the car Tongue
Cant find the correct one button circuit. All I can find is this one, and the underside of it is a bit different from mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEUGEOT-306-ETC-...SwPcVVxI8Z

Will the two button ones work on mine as well? Besides button nr 2 ofc Tongue
(09-11-2015, 11:09 PM)RAW Wrote: [ -> ]From my looking in ours, it seems like they definitely fitted central locking, defiantly fitted the sensor for remote locking, and provided the cut inserts for remote keys.  I have yet to find anything else of the remote locking system however, and the apparently correct key for ours doesn't seem to be able to be programmed.  I'm a little confused and decided to give up!  

Rich

Apparently I got it working. The key was missing the rubber cap. Could still push the button. Ordered a cap off ebay for apperences. And suddenly it was working. No idea why. As its only rubber... maybe the button housing has bad connection and that I push all of it down and it connects.. who knows.
Not sure but my phase 1 D Turbo has remote central locking.