306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: NAD MPG!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, so usually I'm moaning about mpg.....and the wank fuel gauge on the NAD made me think it was drinking like a lambo.............but just filled it up as the light came on solid (its been on and off for 60odd miles!).

Done 564 miles......used 38.36litres....so thats 66mpg!! Big Grin

Works out at 9.2p/mile

Now that sounds good until I realised thats only 1p/m less than the golf. Confusedhock:

Ah well, could be worse...........

So as a lot of you have had NAD's, whats your best?? Smile

Tom
260 miles for £120 so... 50p a mile. Bargain Big Grin and tom... youre living up to your reputation with this thread! lol
Hey tom, sell your golf, get a 6' for fun and use the NAD for MGP, job done!
700 to a tank, but that was brimed to overflowing.
64mpg is my best from mixed driving, my last tank was all london traffic so sitting still of foot flat on the floor and i still got almost 50mpg.

Its not all about fuel costs though.

Spare parts cost bugger all and theres very little on them to go wrong. Can you imaging how much it would cost for a new set of locks and keys for the golf (say you snapped your key in the ignition) in the NAD it was £80 for a full set and only took about an hour to break into the car and change them all.
And I care because......?
Dum-Dum Wrote:64mpg is my best from mixed driving, my last tank was all london traffic so sitting still of foot flat on the floor and i still got almost 50mpg.

Its not all about fuel costs though.

Spare parts cost bugger all and theres very little on them to go wrong. Can you imaging how much it would cost for a new set of locks and keys for the golf (say you snapped your key in the ignition) in the NAD it was £80 for a full set and only took about an hour to break into the car and change them all.

What kind of mixed driving was that lol.....mines been mostly college rush hour traffic or 90mph on the A14.... :? Big Grin

And yeah but VW keys arent made of cheese like peugeot ones........ Wink Tbh, VWs are better built to start with, I mean the panels on the 106 are shocking, the wings bend in and out like tin foil, and everything leaks or rusts on it! The sunroof and doors all whistle constantly over like 35mph, the drivers door wont shut without a good slam, a glowplug has seized into the head and snapped, the cold start doesnt seem to work at all...so i just have to give it some to keep it going, the clutch or engine mounts are f*cked cos its real juddery changing gear, which bring me on to the awful gearchange, the road noise is ridiclous, the lack of arch liners means the you get any annoying water noise splashing up the rear, and the heavy horrible steering, the lack of ABS and its ease to lock the wheels resulting in lots of tyre smoke and dirty seats, its unbelievably light and unstable in anything more than a light breeze, its scary joining motorways or overtaking as theres virtually no acceleration etc etc etc :o Fair enough its 14 years old, but my mates 2000 106D is just the same. Confusedhock:

Basically its fecking horrible.......ok its saving me £3 a week in fuel, and £2.50 a week in insurance..........but I can't put up with it for any longer than I absolutely need to haha! lol

Niall Wrote:And I care because......?

If you dont care, dont reply. Wink

I know youre just jealous you wont even get half that mpg from a 1.8. Tongue
Toms306 Wrote:I know youre just jealous you wont even get half that mpg from a 1.8. Tongue

Some people, myself included don't care about MPG,

I haven't worked out what my MPG is in this car. Don't event want to tbh, driving is expensive, I have fun driving my car, i run out of fuel, fill it up and do it again.

And our opinions count too Smile
Toxic-Jake Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:I know youre just jealous you wont even get half that mpg from a 1.8. Tongue

Some people, myself included don't care about MPG,

I haven't worked out what my MPG is in this car. Don't event want to tbh, driving is expensive, I have fun driving my car, i run out of fuel, fill it up and do it again.

And our opinions count too Smile

I'd love to be able to afford to do that........

Unfortunately I can't, which is why I have to keep an eye on the mpg!
Nope your right I won't get that in the 1.8 but I have a lot more fun than you do in either of your broken cars! Anyway I have the skoda for 60mpg comfortable cruising.

Tom I don't see why your complaining about the build quality. It was a 7k car almost 20 years ago!!
Niall Wrote:Nope your right I won't get that in the 1.8 but I have a lot more fun than you do in either of your broken cars! Anyway I have the skoda for 60mpg comfortable cruising.

Tom I don't see why your complaining about the build quality. It was a 7k car almost 20 years ago!!

I had quite a bit of fun in the golf before I f*cked it! Doh

And youre right, someone bought the NAD 2nd hand in '03 (5 years old) from a dealer for £3k lmao

But I think thats the point really though, it sort of proves that you really DO get what you pay for with cars!! People take the piss about VAG badge tax.....but match a golf/polo of the same age to the 106 and they're miles apart. :think:
But it's such a bad car you wouldn't care as much if you dent it, get it messy, kick it or even were unlucky and crashed it
I get 55mpg driving mine like i stole it. I cba to work out how much that is in p/mile, all i know is I spend £120 a month on fuel, getting about everywhere.

In the grand scheme of things Tom you get so little back having a slightly more economical car, you mightaswell forget how much its costing you and just drive the damn thing!
Yeah but Tom, even back then the golfs and polos would of been more expensive. Yes peugeots aren't the most robust things but providing they are looked after, they go on and on (shame you never saw my 106!)
And before you say it, Chris NAD is a poor example. I've never seen a pug rust that badly!
lolsteve Wrote:But it's such a bad car you wouldn't care as much if you dent it, get it messy, kick it or even were unlucky and crashed it

This sounds daft I know but I do still get annoyed when people bash doors into it! :mad: and if I crashed it I'm pretty sure I'd be dead and the car would be about the size of a football.....it really doesn't feel safe! Thankfully I don't worry about safety. Big Grin

Ed Doe Wrote:I get 55mpg driving mine like i stole it. I cba to work out how much that is in p/mile, all i know is I spend £120 a month on fuel, getting about everywhere.

In the grand scheme of things Tom you get so little back having a slightly more economical car, you mightaswell forget how much its costing you and just drive the damn thing!

I thought I drove mine hard but clearly not after seeing your mpg. Confusedhock:

It's 12p per mile btw.

I haven't bothered driving economically in this.....seeing as the fuel guage is crap and there's no mpg counter I didn't really think about it till I had to fill up. Bit was surprised at how much its doing lol.

Niall Wrote:Yeah but Tom, even back then the golfs and polos would of been more expensive. Yes peugeots aren't the most robust things but providing they are looked after, they go on and on (shame you never saw my 106!)
And before you say it, Chris NAD is a poor example. I've never seen a pug rust that badly!

Exactly, they've lasted much better cos they cost more! Smile you get what you pay for.

I'd forgotten about the state of Chriss one lol, but my mates looks like its been sat in a lake for the last 10 years. Confusedhock:
SRowell Wrote:260 miles for £120 so... 50p a mile. Bargain Big Grin and tom... youre living up to your reputation with this thread! lol

Wow I think you have a problem there Sam

Best out of the last few cars was

Celica 2.0 best= 38.1mpg.......... avg = 28.8mpg This has not levelled out yet.
306 Hdi 2.0 best= 63.1mpg.......... avg = 50.8mpg
318is 1.9 best= 25.5mpg.......... avg = 25.5mpg
Seicento 1.1 best= 51.2mpg.......... avg = 42.2mpg
Mondeo 1.8 best= 54.4mpg......... avg = 47.7mpg
Fiesta 1.25 best= 49.2mpg......... avg = 41.7mpg
420 GSDI 2.0 best= 54.7mpg......... avg = 51.9mpg
Toms306 Wrote:I thought I drove mine hard but clearly not after seeing your mpg. Confusedhock:

Tom you don't know the meaning of 'driving hard'. I would make you squeal like a roasting set of spec2s if I took you out in the '6

Tongue
Im the same as Jake and some of the others. I just fill up and work out my smiles per gallon. Driving a bit smoother now its coming to the end of the month and my overdraft is hating me but yeh... its brilliant fun and driving and sailing is what i do! Big Grin
Nothing like a flying kick into the side of a french tin can to relief stress lol
tom whats wrong with 66mpg? tbh tom i just cannot see any car is going to please you at all. if you keep thinking about mpg then your not going to enjoy a car or driving!
now wrong with tin cans tom either, i little rover is practically the same in ways. such as the doors need slamming, heavy stearing, bot all electrics etc. but by christ its so easy to fix and work on! in a way cheep too, but with rover gone parts are little harder and some areas expencive sadly.
tom i think your gonna just end up with a push bike in the end sadly.
Tom if the nad is so bad.. You want my xsara? Dturbo, power steering, central locking, leccy windows etc? Smile £200
H
procta Wrote:tbh tom i just cannot see any car is going to please you at all.

I think you're right there tbh! :/
JJ0063 Wrote:Tom if the nad is so bad.. You want my xsara? Dturbo, power steering, central locking, leccy windows etc? Smile £200

Only got the nad till May 20th anyway lol. Keep seeing cheap cars I'd like to swap it for but then I think of my wallet lol! Doh lol
JJ0063 Wrote:Tom if the nad is so bad.. You want my xsara? Dturbo, power steering, central locking, leccy windows etc? Smile £200

i wouldnt offer it to him, as he cannot handle the mpg of the 1.5 106 derv!
Tom half of your problem sounds like youve bought a bit of a pup. Mine is 20 years old and I love it

Your tyres must be shit cos I cant lock the wheels in mine even in the wet but it stops very quickly

Got a glow plug stuck in the head, no problems, I bought a whole new engine for £30. The cold start probably needs you to adjust the cable, I had to do mine.

Also i dont find it unstable, Ive done 250 motorway miles in the last 2 days, keeping up with the flow of traffic and the wind/slipstreams have no effect.

Yes its painfully slow and dosent accelerate but it reminds you of how to drive properly using good judgement, anticipation, skill reading the road ahead, positioning and such like cos if you cant accelerate you dont want to slow down so you have to drive well to keep the speed up. They handle surprisingly well (especially on 195 tyres) even on 3 wheels i cant get it to LO-OS.

Oh and my best is now up to 65.1mpg
So... In summary

Tom stop being a fanny and man up.

/thread ?
Midnightclub Wrote:So... In summary

Tom stop being a fanny and man up.

/thread ?

Can we have some sort of coding in place on this forum so that this is a automatic response to all of toms posts?

Tom you wouldn't be happy if you discovered a way of running your car on perpetual energy would you? Still wouldn't be enough!
Dum-Dum Wrote:Tom half of your problem sounds like youve bought a bit of a pup. Mine is 20 years old and I love it

Your tyres must be shit cos I cant lock the wheels in mine even in the wet but it stops very quickly

Got a glow plug stuck in the head, no problems, I bought a whole new engine for £30. The cold start probably needs you to adjust the cable, I had to do mine.

Also i dont find it unstable, Ive done 250 motorway miles in the last 2 days, keeping up with the flow of traffic and the wind/slipstreams have no effect.

Yes its painfully slow and dosent accelerate but it reminds you of how to drive properly using good judgement, anticipation, skill reading the road ahead, positioning and such like cos if you cant accelerate you dont want to slow down so you have to drive well to keep the speed up. They handle surprisingly well (especially on 195 tyres) even on 3 wheels i cant get it to LO-OS.

Oh and my best is now up to 65.1mpg

No its got good tyres, 2 new falkens not long ago, and doesn't 'slide' around certain slippery corners like the golf does (too much rubber on the road and not enough drainige on the goodyears on the golf i think) BUT they are only 165 wide on the 106 lol. Sad Wanted to put the clones on but they have 55 profile so that just wouldn't work lol. Mine locks in the dry easily btw. Confusedhock: And in the wet it was shocking on muddy back roads.......it skidded so much it felt like abs was kicking in...sideways. :?

Buying the engine might be cheap but fitting it isn't that easy! I was wondering if i could get the glowplug out with a screw extractor? :think: If i did that I would sort the cold start and the squeling aux belt all at the same time. If not, it'll get sold like it lol.

I guess you don't go over many windy bridges in yours.....going over the Orwell bridge in it you dont really have any steering control...you just end up where the wind takes you.

I dont have to drive that well tbh? I dont slow down in the golf either, but thats more to do with mpg than slowness. Momentum is the key with mpg and the NAD lol. The main problem I have with it is the acceleration though, as theres very few places to safely overtake on my road in such a slow car and if you dont time it just right you lose the overtaking opertunity, whereas in the golf I can pretty much boot it past slow people anywhere without worrying about it. Unfortuantely this inablilitiy to overtake brings on panic attacks when I think I'm 'stuck' behind people and gonna be late. Sad

I must admit it doesn't handle badly, for the high ride height, skinny tyres and massive suspension travel I can hold it round corners at speed better than the golf........must be the lack of wieght I guess.
tom, just get a set of 195 45s for the cyclones, tom just drop the engine down like i did.
crane hire is 40 quid for a day, do all the prep the day before, peice of piss mate. just dont do it on gravel or soggy grass or mud or a hill...
Pages: 1 2