306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Phase 3 wing mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With winter coming up I want to get a few things sorted. 

1 the coolant  heater 
2 heated wing mirrors 
3 check if my rear heated screen actually works

Now having owned a 205 most of my life 
I've never had to mess around with heated wing mirrors. 

I take it on a phase 3 they're heated, but what temp do they turn on at? 

How does the glass come off?  

I wonder if halfords do replacements
The heated mirrors aren't automatic on 306s, they come on with the rear screen when you switch that on.

Mirror glass is held on to the motor with a hexagonal spring clip, you need to pop that off with a screwdriver, I think if you push the mirror to it's lowest point you can access it from the front, otherwise the cap needs to come off.
Brilliant thank you Tom, I'll go and try that in a min.

Had it in my head they turn on automatically
afaik, Halfords only do unheated glass replacements. which may be the wrong shape.
I replaced my stolen glass from these people.-
http://www.carwingmirror.co.uk/
If you open up the wing mirrors and inspect the rear of the glass there are two wires soldered (I think) onto contacts on the rear of the glass. If they don't work it is worth checking. Bear in mind that the glass doesn't get hot, just warmer than cold to get condensation off.
(26-10-2015, 02:03 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]If you open up the wing mirrors and inspect the rear of the glass there are two wires soldered (I think) onto contacts on the rear of the glass. If they don't work it is worth checking. Bear in mind that the glass doesn't get hot, just warmer than cold to get condensation off.

Ive found that mine do actually get quite hot!
There is two spade connectors on the back if they are heated. Come on with the heated rear window. If they don't work, switch the rear window on and check for 12v across the 2 red wires in the mirror. If its there, new glass needed.
My worry if it's not there lol door loom failure or fuse gone
Mate will be simple to fix. Let me know if you need a hand
I thought they only turned on below 5°c? May not but yeah lol
Being a pipe fitter/mech guy wires worry me lol

Cheers Niall sure it'll be reet
Minor thread hijacking, but is there a relay or something involved with the heated mirrors? My rear element is goosed, but the mirrors don't work either....in fact the button doesn't even light up when I press it in mine! Dodgy