306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Help: 2.2 hdi 4hx + BE4 gearbox possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, im from spain, and im new here. First i want to say sorry for my poor english. 
I have many 2.0 hdi cars at home (berlingo, 306, and two 206). One of 206 its a track/rally 206 with 2.0 hdi engine: 2.0 90hp RHY engine with cummins nozzles (8 holes), r75 iveco pump, gtb2056v from alfa romeo brera, torsen diff, ... .
But im thinking on bigger engine:  I have bought 4hx 2.2 hdi engine from c5 with ml5 gearbox , but when i try to fit be4 gearbox... dont fit!
very different body Sad 
Does anyone know what I can do to fit be4 gearbox in dw12 block?

Is this posible?
there are many be4 bellhousings, have you got the right one?
Hi, welcome, your English is fine. Do you have a project thread for the 206? Sorry i haven't got anything useful to add.
(14-10-2015, 05:31 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, welcome, your English is fine. Do you have a project thread for the 206? Sorry i haven't got anything useful to add.

What he said. Project thread for the 206 would be epic
Afail the 'be' boxes wont fit the 2.2 blocks. Sorry.
Also the engine mounts/extra weight be a bit of a biatch

I'd suggest 16v head on your current 8v block ThumbsUp
(14-10-2015, 07:12 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Afail the 'be' boxes wont fit the 2.2 blocks. Sorry.
Also the engine mounts/extra weight be a bit of a biatch

I'd suggest 16v head on your current 8v block ThumbsUp

I have here rhw entire engine (not in good condition), but i preffer to use 2.2 4hx, because this engine have only 100.000km.
But i dont want to remake transimissions, supports, ... much work

I have to reconsider again perfect engine for my 206...

To make good setup I have 2 rhy engines, rhw engine , and 4hx  engine. What's the best combination to make best 2.0 16v engine?

4hx discarted.
2.2 4HX and 2.0 RHW heads are the same (look on the back of the head, there's V35 and V40 casting marks - both are used on 4HX and RHW) - injectors are different though.

Use RHW pistons in RHY block and 4HX or RHW head.

There's a guy on here - Dashmader who has done this (4HX head on RHY block), although he used RHR pistons which have a different combustion chamber and require sightly different injectors.