306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Suspension and brakes for track car??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a 306gti6.

I took it to Nurburgring this year as a cheap track car, and it was great!

It's totally standard apart from front lowering springs and a set of Toyo T1R's.

I'm thinking of spending some money on suspension/brakes to make it handle, as well as stripping it out and making it lighter....

What do you lot recommend? I was thinking updated shocks all round with front lowering springs (all half decent make) and lower the rear one click?

And as for the brakes, new discs all round with track pads?

And a set of R888s.

Then probably a pair of seats with harnesses ect. 

And comments or advise before I go shopping??

Cheers in advance
If you are stripping it just use ds2500 pads with some cooling ducts.
Coil overs, say kw v2s, AST or Bilstein rally stuff, with eccentric top mounts

Have a look at AD08R. Better and cheaper than 888s. Need to be the new R version though.

Good rear beam and mounts is probably most important thing of all

Oh and an oil cooler
Thanks for the reply! Il get my beam re-conned first then.

Cheers
If I check my beam and there's no play in the bearings, do I need to do anything apart from uprate the mounts?
Depends on the front springs you decide to use and damping. As long as the standard mounts are good I'd just use those for now. Solid mounts aren't everyone's cup of tea (some people love them, I don't).

I'd maybe consider a larger anti roll bar, larger torsion bars and a slight drop in height but it depends on the front and how much weight you've taken out. The back end in my car is quite soft with 21mm bars from a xsara and a hybrid arb, but it is very stripped out and I like B road hooning as much as pure track work (it slides lovely!). A lot of guys on the 6 forum use considerably stiffer springs for their track/race cars.
Stef205 on here offers a top notch beam rebuild service by all accounts. Will you be driving this daily as well or is it purely for track use?
Ok cheers. And it will be for track use only...
+1 on the AD08R. I had r888s on my ph1 xsi for Nurburgring and uk track days, I'm running blistein b8 dampers and eibach springs with 21 mm torsion bars on the back, and the r888s got trashed in no time. I went for AD08Rs this year and they were so much better. They got close to the r888s in terms of grip but last so much better. Did a 9min 23s lap of Nurburgring in my xsi 8v and most of that is down to the tyres.
My plan for the rallye is standard discs all round.
DS2500 pads on the front and standard pagids on the rear.
And if i get track tyres AD08Rs which seem to be £75 fitted each on black circlyes, £68 each delivered on camskill. Theyre £65 each on ebay as well.
Yeah definitely thinking of AD08R for next year and more power obviously Smile

I have yellowstuff aa good as they are I think the ds's would probably be better as I'm 90 percent roads and 10 tracks.
Will you be driving it as a daily?

My receipt.
Rear:
25,5mm torsion bars
Hybrid arb
K-sport (same as d2) track racing dampers with adjustable rebound.
Solid beam mounts
Original discs/calipers with cl5+ pads

Front:
K-sport track racing coil overs, adjustable height and rebound.
Adjustable top mounts (camber/caster)
120nm/mm springs
Berlingo p-bushes
Citroën C8 V6 4pot calipers with 302mm discs.
Seam welded subframe

This results in a car that gives gt3's a run for their money on twisty tracks! But it's not what I'd call easy on your lower back [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
If you're only running standard power then the standard discs and DS2500s or similar will be plenty. Oil cooler is a definite, I know a few people that have damaged engines by not having one.

Suspension wise a bush refresh is probably worthwhile. A decent coilover setup is a good idea, as Adam suggested KW V2s etc. I ended up with Gaz Golds as they came up for sale at a reasonable price
I realise this is a bit of a bump but how well do AD08rs actually last?
I'm probably going to buy some it'd just be nice to know.
very well, especially on track compared to a road tyre.
Excellent. Thanks for that.
adam can be more specific, but it will vary per driver conditions and use.
Oh yeah of course. I'd be using them for road and track, so just don't want them to last 3000 road miles or something silly basically. If they last 10k road miles plus then that'd be great.

A guy on a well-known auction site apparently owns a tyre business and has offered me a set for 235 delivered, which if genuine is a bargain. Fitting, balancing and tracking is free for me so overall that'd be a great option.
Look at camskill.
Mine lasted about 6k mileson the front with a couple of track days and 3 sprints. I didn't cycle them I think

That's with a bit more neg camber but I drive it quite fast and it rarely sees a motorway
Camskill are POA so I'll enquire at some point. Interestingly they list a soft and a medium compound. I hadn't realised there were multiple compounds. Which do you run?
I could only get medium. You can speak directly to yokohama UK I think.
(04-12-2015, 08:20 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]I could only get medium. You can speak directly to yokohama UK I think.

Ah okay. I think I'd probably go for medium for a bit longer life anyway.
Thanks for the info and help
Just to bump this rather than start a new thread, How are Yokohama a048r tyres on track?
A048s are a great track tyre...but not a great road option.

Hence the AD08Rs... I got them for £60 each delivered from camskill.

Done about 5k road miles. Only one wet track session...and they were my advantage! Amazing in the wet tbh
If I got a048s I'd have them as dedicated track tyres. I'm a bit concerned about potential oil surge.
very good tyres, stick to a medium for track work, softs are quite soft!

stiffer sidewalls than the r888.

widely used as a control tyre, race rally and rallycross.
How much are people paying for med a048's? Just so I can compare what I'm paying through work.
not sure what the current price is, camskill say call for a price, they wwere £100 a corner from Polleysport many years ago when I serviced for a mate with a 1.9 205 rally car, 14"s were about £75

though quite often we would get a few sets of part worns from them for a lot less than retail, often they were barely scrubbed Big Grin

demontealeaves have them listed at £130.
yeah i can get them at £83+vat for med and £95+vat for softs in 195/50/15's sadly most sizes are non e marked now
There's a new R version that is e-marked
ao48 rr?
Pages: 1 2