306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: oil cooler thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thinking of getting an oil cooler kit in due course, any recommend/avoids?
want a simple, thermostatted 'bolt in' kit.
already have a sandwich plate fitted for gauges.
any decent suppliers?
How hard do you drive it? Anything short of track use really shouldn't cause a problem.
Get an oil temp gauge.
If theres no issues... No reason to fork out ThumbsUp
You might find a better oil would help enough anyway
Ah! current oil is Comma 10w40 semi, temp & press gauges already fitted, was showing 110/120c on crawl past heathrow last Fri. (mind it could the sender earth)
Not being funny, but an oil cooler isn't going to help much in standing traffic. Would probably be better off with a coolant flush and refresh, although tbh in traffic there's not a whole lot you can do to help. Have you had any other problems with overheating? Do the engine fans and interior heater work well?
das ok poodle. I was thinking it may help get it cooled quicker once underway again.
afaik, everything is in good working order, fans keep water down to 75-80-ish, and inside gets nice and toasty/sauna.
think i'll check gauge connections again when I get a lump of time.
(temp gauge has only been in since the summer, so maybe I not used to it fully)
Sounds like a standard gti6 then.
^-^ Tongue
All sounds spot on tbf. Don't get me wrong, if you want to fit an oil cooler you go for it, just thought i'd stick my oar in with options. Big Grin
isn't that what this club/f0rum is for? Wink
(i'd prob add a small fan to it if there were 'traffic issues' )