306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: brake light switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
there's probably a thread on here already, but what's the best way to access this switch for fitting a lock nut or something?
Mine keeps working out of adjustment, so pressing the clutch flickers the brake lights. - it has a small tie-wrap round it at the mo'
thanks - -
They are just a push fit. Best to drop the steering column and then access is a lot easier to it to check its in right
cheers (mentally reaches for spanners)
When I replaced mine I dropped the steering column and pulled out the drivers air venting. Heat access and you can use the vent hole to actually see what you are doing/give it an extra hand from behind Smile
It's an arse whatever you do. Hate that bloody switch
Fuel tank out, 2 fuel elbows, drive shaft on a primera, all better than this stupid switch.

Took 2 of us over an hour in the freezing cold last year.
Really? It took me 15minutes by myself with fat hands....
It really isn't that bad to do if you drop the steering column. I did the switch on ferry's car at FCS this year
thinking, if I gat at it, I will extend the wiring and drill in a H/D footswitch into the brake pedal itself. :/