306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 HDi Brakes (266mm) replacement parts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some brakes from a 306 2.0 HDI (266mm) fitted to my Citroen AX, I think they are the Lucus ones.

Anyway one of the bolts has sheared off that attaches to the yolk (see picture below), can I get these bolts separately somewhere?

[Image: QBpvZQZ.jpg]
do they come with a new pads set??
You get one ready-threadlocked with a set of new Pagid pads, can't say for other brands. But yeah they're available separately. Smile
that will have snapped off in the slider, my concern would be why it was possible as the slider should be free to turn once the bolt is cracked off, so you might have a bit more to contend with.

good news is you can get slider kits from most motorfactors or places like brakeparts international.
(02-10-2015, 10:15 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]that will have snapped off in the slider, my concern would be why it was possible as the slider should be free to turn once the bolt is cracked off,  so you might have a bit more to contend with.

good news is you can get slider kits from most motorfactors or places like brakeparts international.

Got a new impact gun and thought it was a good idea to tighten it using the gun  Nospeak
you tit!

pull the slider out, might be lucky and be able to wind the remains out by hand, its just a high tensile M8 bolt.
Take it you didn't check torque settings first? Those bolts are surprisingly 'loose' lol.
Yeah that's it. Smile
Thanks Guys
Oh, and maybe a torque wrench for next time... Wink
(02-10-2015, 11:07 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, and maybe a torque wrench for next time... Wink

What is the torque setting?
No idea. I nip mine with a spanner. Never once had an issue. You must be superman
35 Nm or 26 lbs/ft for the slider bolts.

(02-10-2015, 11:27 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. I nip mine with a spanner. Never once had an issue. You must be superman

He used an impact gun! lol
Could have just went to the scrappy and saved yourself a few quid, thats what I do for bolts and stuff like that Smile