306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Track Rod Lock Washer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was a bit bored yesterday so, in the sun, decided to strip down my spare 2.6 VTS rack ready to be fitted to the 306. One of the track rods was bent like a banana.

It all came to bits easy enough, but I was perplexed to find there was no lock washers on the rods. As the rack is being fitted to the 306, I have bought Lemforder 306 rods (VTS and 306 rods are different lengths). They had the same 'bulb' with teeth, but no washers. Citroen Servicebox suggests there should be lock washers, yet on Peugeot Servicebox (using my HDi VIN) there are none. Even Haynes states washers too.

I would err on the side of caution but Shitroen Servicebox doesn't give a part number for the PAS rack toothed washer, only the manual rack (which I'm sure is different).

Part number please?
I've come across this, no lock washers on 306 and xsara racks
(20-09-2015, 10:01 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]I've come across this, no lock washers on 306 and xsara racks

A few old threads on 306GTi6 say the same thing, no lock washers on VTS racks. 

Looks like Loctite and f*cking tight is the way forward here!
I don't recall ever seeing lock washers on a 306. And come to think of it, I've only encountered them a couple of times at work and I've done a fair few. I'd just make sure they're done up tight and possibly threadlock them if you want.

EDIT: took my time posting that, as above lol