306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Best 266mm Calipers/Brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As above, looking at new front calipers, 206 GTI 266mm Bosch ones seem to be cheaper than the Lucas fitted to the 306's, although weigh discs and callipers weigh slightly more (20.5mm 306 vs 22mm discs 206), there seems to be 2 Bosch 266s for the 206, a 20.4mm disc and 22mm disc, guessing the first one is the GTI and the other the HDI 90? which is the best? (406/307 ones too?)
Cheers
Seriously? Someone must be able to help me!
As above...
Doubt it, I'm afraid I don't know anyone who's put the 206 ones on a 306. Plus, I'm not actually sure what you're asking? 266 306 brakes are great with decent pads and discs in them. I run some 266's off a 307 and they're just the same as the 306 ones, but with stainless pad shims and 10mm more offset.
I've got 266s. There the only brakes that fit under the fondmetals and that's after grinding the calliper down and during spacers. They're rubbish. Not sure what wrong with then.
Basically asking whether the 206 Bosch 266s are better than the 266 Lucas off the 306? Can get the Bosch with a 20.5 or 22mm disc, so wondering whether its worth getting the ones with the 22mm discs for better stopping power? (used on all 206s after 2001)
Some 306s came with Bosch 266s as well, not sure if theyre the same as the 206 ones though. I don't think you'll notice between them tbh.
Cheers Tom, was more interested in the newer Bosch 266s as they came with the 22mm disc rather than 20.5mm, more braking power for only 0.3kgs more each side! And a tenner each less for calipers, although more expensive discs.
Also will the old D Turbo 14" wheels fit with the bosch 266mm's? 22mm disks
What makes you think thicker discs give more braking power? As everyone else has said, it's the same difference; they won't bring any substantial benefit.
there are various piston sizes, two disc types where the main difference is the height of the disc, the later 22mm are taller so give more clearance for the deeper offset 206 wheels, though the lower offset earlier stuff clears 14"s just fine.
Cheers Poodle and Welshpug, think I will just stick with the Lucas 306 stuff then.