306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rear numberplate bulbs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the bulbs for the rear tail lights; a combination of rain/derv/dirt its a pita seeing the plate through these petty lights.

preferably some LED bulbs, rather than the poor standard bulbs... assuming these are ok to use, don't get too hot etc?

Also, changing the bulbs - is it simply, popping the cover off from the outside, and replacing that way... or can you pull it up from inside the boot?
Pop the cover, bulb out, new bulb in done Smile and they are same bulbs as side lights Smile
Matt Wrote:Pop the cover, bulb out, new bulb in done Smile and they are same bulbs as side lights Smile

you know the bulb code? 501 W5W?
really? . . . . .a thread for replacing a bulb . . . . . lol
Yuh I have LED rear bulbs, decided to change the whole assembly with it though as the lens cover clips seemed very prone to breaking and 2 where broken already. I will ask SRowel what bulbs they where.

The lens comes off from outside and bulbs push in, the assembly comes off from inside.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-4-LED-HID-X...1e64291c43

These are what I have got, they are pretty good, cheaper than the all round ones, you dot need all round light in your tailgate.
ginge191 Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Pop the cover, bulb out, new bulb in done Smile and they are same bulbs as side lights Smile

you know the bulb code? 501 W5W?

That will be it, if going for led then I would go for smd LEDs. They are really bright are are cracking in the dark Smile
Matt Wrote:That will be it, if going for led then I would go for smd LEDs. They are really bright are are cracking in the dark Smile

The SMD ones also get really hot and can melt the solder if they are cheap as I found out Sad
Yuh the ones I posted are regular incased LEDs, plenty of light output. Don't get hot. If LEDs are enclosed and get hot they discolor and fair really quickly too.
mark_airey Wrote:
Matt Wrote:That will be it, if going for led then I would go for smd LEDs. They are really bright are are cracking in the dark Smile

The SMD ones also get really hot and can melt the solder if they are cheap as I found out Sad

this was what i was wondering...

Also, at cheesey matt, the thread is actually for the bulb "type" not a "how to"
nauest Wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-4-LED-HID-X...1e64291c43

These are what I have got, they are pretty good, cheaper than the all round ones, you dot need all round light in your tailgate.

and thanks, just ordered a set Smile

top man !
Cool, no worries, also if they don't work straight off take them out and turn them round!

They are polarity sensitive unlike normal bulbs, so don't panic until you have tried them both ways round.

If they don't work after that then they are dud, but I guess there is every chance for less than £1.50 Tongue
Also, at cheesey matt, the thread is actually for the bulb "type" not a "how to"

cough cough ok then . .Wink

"Also, changing the bulbs - is it simply, popping the cover off from the outside, and replacing that way... or can you pull it up from inside the boot?"
Mattcheese31 Wrote:"Also, changing the bulbs - is it simply, popping the cover off from the outside, and replacing that way... or can you pull it up from inside the boot?"

Which is correct....
I wasn't sure if there was an alternative
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:"Also, changing the bulbs - is it simply, popping the cover off from the outside, and replacing that way... or can you pull it up from inside the boot?"

Which is correct....
I wasn't sure if there was an alternative
how many ways can you change a bulb? . . . .sorry Ginge i'm ripping you for this and there's nowt' you can do about it . .Big Grin
Mattcheese31 Wrote:how many ways can you change a bulb? . . . .sorry Ginge i'm ripping you for this and there's nowt' you can do about it . .Big Grin

dick head lol
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:how many ways can you change a bulb? . . . .sorry Ginge i'm ripping you for this and there's nowt' you can do about it . .Big Grin

dick head lol
if it can wait until FCS i'll help you change your bulbs . . .Wink
Mattcheese31 Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:dick head lol
if it can wait until FCS i'll help you change your bulbs . . .Wink

Fcs camping bulb changing session yo!
Mattcheese31 Wrote:if it can wait until FCS i'll help you change your bulbs . . .Wink

absoloute tosser lol lol

you know what, i THINK i'll be able to do it myself... the MBC on the other hand, if you have smaller hands than me, crack on! :dance:
Fetch the bulb changing gloves will ya Phill? . . . . .lol
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:if it can wait until FCS i'll help you change your bulbs . . .Wink

absoloute tosser lol lol

you know what, i THINK i'll be able to do it myself... the MBC on the other hand, if you have smaller hands than me, crack on! :dance:
what turbo you got mate?
Mattcheese31 Wrote:Fetch the bulb changing gloves will ya Phill? . . . . .lol
They're remarkably similar to the "other" gloves I'll be bringing
Mattcheese31 Wrote:what turbo you got mate?

K14 i believe... Dan! was saying it has a metal pipe as upposed to a rubber pipe...
Its not hard you can still just snip them
ginge191 Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:what turbo you got mate?

K14 i believe... Dan! was saying it has a metal pipe as upposed to a rubber pipe...
yeah same as mine then . . i still haven't got round to fitting mine, gonna put her on the lift to do it soon, be muchos easier methinks . .
4WayDiablo Wrote:Its not hard you can still just snip them

..is not a word im fond of, "snipping" anything i get scared Sad electrics/pipes/foreskin etc...
Man up?
No.