306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Zx Estate | GT20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good to hears it's still going ok and got a years ticket on it.

How you finding the febi engine mount? Decent quality?
(28-08-2016, 02:38 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hears it's still going ok and got a years ticket on it.

How you finding the febi engine mount? Decent quality?

Yeah they're fine

might change out the back one at some point for the spare oem one I have - but obs means removing the driveshaft (again)
so clutch change for this one, had started slipping recently which I thought odd as not running mega torque and has recently had a new LUK clutch. 

>>>>>

[Image: IMG_8212_zpskvlnxacy.jpg]

Piggy very kindly donated workshop space to attack this - which I did my best to make a mess of / keep clean.

[Image: IMG_8214_zpsbbj4p2x6.jpg]

Box off fairly quickly, even quicker as there was a bolt missing entirely holding it onto the block

[Image: IMG_8213_zps6hpsvosc.jpg]

Old clutch actually looking pretty new. Previous owner did say he had fitted a brand new one just before selling it.

Shame some of the cover plate bolts were loose - that'll be why it was slipping then! durp.

Tbh could have just cleaned up the clutch plate, cover plate and re-installed and bet it would have held.

However had already procured a practically brand new paddle clutch, so would be daft not to fit it now.

[Image: IMG_8217_zps0dghtxqt.jpg]

faced off the flywheel.

[Image: IMG_8215_zpsa0hvfv5g.jpg]

CG sprung addle clutch form Piggy - looks like its hardly covered any miles, not even bed in yet.

F/S to flywheel sticker providing some useful information

[Image: IMG_8222_zpsmdegqiao.jpg]

new fork bushes

[Image: IMG_8224_zpsqpckq75x.jpg]
new seals

[Image: IMG_8225_zpsix30pyzr.jpg]

and back together with new oil too - complete with missing bolt to hold gearbox on Smile

haven't driven much but feels fine with usual bit of judder inherent to having a paddle clutch Smile
For an amazing photographer...you are surprisingly crap at taking pictures Tongue

Honored to have epic zx estate winbus on Piggypower soil
yup full potato spec that day
Pages: 1 2