306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New turbo bedding in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many miles is it until a new turbo is bedin?
What needs to bed in on a turbo?
For it to get ust of boost pressure n general rhythm I aint sure if you have to take it easy for certain amount of miles like rings clutch ect or you just prime it with oil then boost it
Is the turbo box fresh then? Would think it'd be ok mate, never heard of bedding a new bine in myself Smile
It's a fully refurbished one mate I've looked all over the Web some people say take it easy for a couple Hundred miles and increase boost gradually and others say it no need to run them in suppose it's down to personal reference I'll just take it easy for a bit then lay the boost on
Won't hurt to take it steady, bed seals in I suppose, don't with a new car though do you? Smile
Don't think you 'need' to bed in turbo's but I always take it easy for 50 miles or so after changing anything.

With new cars you are often electronically limited until it's first service to stop people redlining out of the showroom and expecting an engine under warranty. lol
Can't see there is anything that needs bedding in.

200k rpm and go!
I got my td04 rebuilt brand new and welded wastegate day after and thrashed the nads off it.
Whoever supplied it would be best to advise, if its a reputable company which warrants its work they will always have a list of do's and donts which can invalidate any implied warranty.
But teh lulz
Bit of a noob question but I haven't been able to drive the 306 since the turbo and clutch install due to insurance n that but will the ecu reset it's self back to the factory map and not stage 2 if the battery has been off for numerous amount of days
(31-08-2015, 07:43 PM)mattydturb Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a noob question but I haven't been able to drive the 306 since the turbo and clutch install due to insurance n that but will the ecu reset it's self back to the factory map and not stage 2 if the battery has been off for numerous amount of days

No it wont
Cheers mate