306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: has any one got one of these
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2014.02V Auto OBD2 OBD Diagnostic Tool Equipment DS150E CDP+ Pro For Cars Trucks

i have just orded one of them, has any one got one/used one??
Surely you would ask before buying something that won't work on a pre 2005 peugeot diesel?
(17-08-2015, 08:31 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you would ask before buying something that won't work on a pre 2005 peugeot diesel?

you sure, my m8s got one and used it on my car a week ago, but i didnt have a play with it?

just checked the add and it says this;

What it Does:

Combining versatility and ease of use with highly innovative functions and applications, cars and LCV software provides dealer level capability for an extensive range of makes and models. In fact more than 60 car and light commercial brands and over 90,000 vehicle systems. Available on a range of platforms including a convertible PC and tablets, as well as a software only option, technicians can perform service functions, repair and adjustments to the key vehicle systems including petrol and diesel engine management, ABS, SRS, gearbox, climate control, traction control, instrument panel and immobilizer etc, quickly, efficiently and accurately.

dose not say any think about pre 2005??

if you are right it will be going back!
(17-08-2015, 08:31 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you would ask before buying something that won't work on a pre 2005 peugeot diesel?

2003?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics

But yeah, not for a 306 really...
HDi's are OBD compatible...had this argument with Welshpug before. I've cleared EMLs and read live data through OBD with a generic reader.

However the GTi6 wouldn't connect to it at all.
HDI's are not fully compliant as PSA were implementing the OBD protocol before the implementation date Wink
But it does still 'work' to an extent. Depends what you want to do with it I guess, as I say you can read live data, some codes and clear EMLs...
With a good system you can get plenty of data from them. Not a hope with the wee fcr's though. I take it that the OP has bought an autocom clone, some of those don't work with BMW and ford but that's down to it missing chips. Will work in a 306.