306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Battery relocation box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thinking about relocating the battery on my dt to in the boot. Just wondering what box people use? Is there a decent 1 to buy or another car that has 1 that does the job well?

I got 1 in the estate but jonny made that and i dont really fancy making 1 myself
I uses the original battery box and welded it on the inside of the estate boot. I can take a picture if you wanted??
(16-08-2015, 10:38 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I uses the original battery box and welded it on the inside of the estate boot. I can take a picture if you wanted??

Yeah if you could that would be great cheers
I bought a caravan battery box off ebay. About £15 and has a lid ?
I'll make you one if you want?
My friend used the original box of 406 with the lid and mounted it in the boot (Had some modification for the big size battery) , The battery size was increased to 90 Amp to ensure the Electrical current drop from the long Wiring.
The small, cheapish PowerVamp batters can come with a fixing bracket.
You don't really want to be running your standard battery inside the car anyway due to the fumes.
I got a plastic battery box for a fiver?
I got a fibreglass one off bay for 20-30
(16-08-2015, 10:38 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I uses the original battery box and welded it on the inside of the estate boot. I can take a picture if you wanted??

you have any luck with any pics mate?

(16-08-2015, 02:17 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll make you one if you want?

Drop me a message with how much you be able to do 1 for please mate

(16-08-2015, 03:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I got a plastic battery box for a fiver?

Any pics?

(16-08-2015, 06:41 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]I got a fibreglass one off bay for 20-30

1 like this? 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATTERY-BOX-FI...419af4a77c
Used a 306 battery tray (the type with the ECU slot on the side), just drilled some holes in the floor and screwed it in.

Looks very professional for my standards.
I completely forgot. Sorry dude. Here is said pic. I am aware i havnt painted it yet which is an epic fail on my behalf.
I got that nice carbon box in mine looks good
plastic leisure battery boxes are cheap, and do the job secured properly - wouldn't want it flying about in an accident, or leave the terminals exposed for risk of shorting to body

on that note, you'll want a big inline fuse as near to the batter as possible
What size inline fuse do you use??
(24-08-2015, 08:20 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]What size inline fuse do you use??

Probably 80-100a. Must admit, i haven't got one on mine but it does need doing!
(24-08-2015, 08:29 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-08-2015, 08:20 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]What size inline fuse do you use??

Probably 80-100a. Must admit, i haven't got one on mine but it does need doing!

Same. Ive got a 250 amp to wire in its on my long long list.

think i've got one bewteen 100 and 250amp - can't remember off the top of my head

something big enough that you don't blow it when starting the engine with everything turned on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqyUtQv1WoQ
i use one of these never has any problems for last 9 years of having battery in boot. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leisure-Batter...419794c94d
Inline fuse wise, I pulled my cabling out of a bemmer and used the bemmers terminal and main fuse, cost around £4 from the scrappy iirc
Is it something like this people use for the fuse on the battery live?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-GAUGE-CABLE-...5d44fce734
Bloody hell. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Just remember if the battery ruptures and you go over you need to not have battery acid flying everywhere. Bash that is properly dangerous if you got clouted in that rear corner.

I've a pc680 gel battery mounted with an ally cage behind the passenger seat.
Yes it cost about 100 quid all in but it's safe and takes 7kg or so out.
(07-10-2015, 07:26 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Is it something like this people use for the fuse on the battery live?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-GAUGE-CABLE-...5d44fce734

Good fuse holder. Wouldn't mind something like that myself.
How many amp would people recommend going for?
Any pictures of people's boxes in situ? Tempted to do something like this for the rallye to allow to space for the induction
(24-08-2015, 05:28 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I completely forgot. Sorry dude. Here is said pic. I am aware i havnt painted it yet which is an epic fail on my behalf.

(07-10-2015, 08:16 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hell. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Just remember if the battery ruptures and you go over you need to not have battery acid flying everywhere. Bash that is properly dangerous if you got clouted in that rear corner.

I've a pc680 gel battery mounted with an ally cage behind the passenger seat.
Yes it cost about 100 quid all in but it's safe and takes 7kg or so out.

The way bash has done it is nigh on identical to an Alfa 166 and a couple of other cars I've seen
(09-10-2015, 06:35 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]The way bash has done it is nigh on identical to an Alfa 166 and a couple of other cars I've seen

Apart from the strengthened bodywork to protect the battery..
love the way people are arguing over the way i have done it. it was MEANT to be temporary. however at this time i have no need to change. if i roll/crass/get crashed into thats going to be the least of my worries to be honest. I do have a guard being made up though just to enclose it. also it vents to outside via the vent under the wheel arch
I wasn't arguing. I was suggesting it should be better, which you are already sorting