306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: water level indicator/warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am about to replace the thermostat for a new gates one which I will drill 2  3mm holes in the flange to aid bleeding/filling.

The car has a temp gauge and a sensor in the expansion tank, to warn of low water level??

what is the electrical test procedure for this water level sensor please.

If I empty the tank, so the sensor float ? goes down, what indication will the dash give me??

will it show a small red light??

thanks.
There is no float, it's simply 2 metal pins. Water between them makes the connection and the light goes out. No water and the light should come on. Its a huge orange/red light on the left hand side of the dash iirc.
Yeah what he said^

Why on earth would you want to drill holes in the thermostat. Its designed not to have holes in!! There are bleed points for bleeding the cooling system.
to make bleeding faster, many thermostats do have small holes in them, peugeot and citroen sport show it in all their build books for the cup cars group A cars maxis etc.
welshpug these build books you speak off are they available in a digital format Wink
there's a few on the PSCUK downloads section for the older stuff, many of the more recent Citroen and Peugeot PDF's are still about on the net,
I've had a few 6 thermostats that have had a small hole in for bleeding
(15-08-2015, 03:52 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]there's a few on the PSCUK downloads section for the older stuff, many of the more recent Citroen and Peugeot PDF's are still about on the net,

unable to get stuff from there due to post count probably Sad
no, its membership ThumbsUp
There's a difference between having holes in and drilling holes in though. Surly
im guessing if your drilling holes there isn't any to start with

and i will be drilling mine when i refit it just so its easyer to blead Smile

im guessing the holes need to be fitted to the top once the stat is fitted to aid air movement Smile
yep Smile

here's one such PDF I found for the cooling system on a C2 R2 MAX

http://boutique.citroenracing.com/cms/we...5603f9.pdf

you'll notice all the part numbers, any one that starts BCSP is a Citroen/Peugeot factory part from some model, for example the radiator used in that article is from a 1.5 Diesel 106/saxo.

the C2R2 is a 180+ Bhp 1.6 16v TU5JP4S engine, running the standard single throttle alloy inlet and throttle body, with a citroen sport head solid tappets wild cams, bottom end is standard crank and rods, lightweight slipper pistons.

gearbox is Sadev 5 speed sequential, hubs are 307 with inverted balljoints, 307 hydraulic steering rack.

oh yeah, on the MAX the gravel front calipers are 406, tarmac are 807 V6 mag brembos.
see gates thermostat thread.....all good and that's for the replies.... Blush Dodgy

should read" and thanks for the replies" Heart