306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What's this worth???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found something lying in a driveway or maybe something you've owned for a while and thinking about selling it on?????
Tonight out on deliveries I found a black G plate 205 1.9 GTI with what looked like 107k through the window of a semi open crushed at handle driver door ( opened door into traffic coming from behind) by the looks, a few door trim pieces inside car with fairly well worn half leather and getting damper by the week.
I was delivering next door so chapped the door but no answer and as I'm on day shift tmoz I'm going there every delivery I have closely until I get someone that might sell me it so what's it worth before I make an offer? Can clean and source and fit v cheap new parts so is it worth an ask?
205 Gti and cheap new parts? You'll be lucky. Just a bumper is fetching 3 figures now....

Leave a note on it with your number.
Hi Ben, cheers for the reply! My sister works for ferraris piston service (FPS) bright slime green vans you may have seen out and about so I get trade minus 20%!
Obviously no chance for plastics and panels but for all the mechanicals, elecs and consumables i can get from her cheaper than most garages and factors so ideal for that side of it.
The 205 is a bit rough but not beyond the point of no return and was just thinking a quick flip if I can remove the eyesore from his driveway in his nice posh street in Newton Mearns.
I chapped the door again today and his stunning 20 odd year old daughter answered the door in nothing but her dressing gown wrapped around under her arms (Giggidy) and told me it was her dads and both times he's been out in it it broke down, definite project car but low enough miles to make it worthwhile for the right person!
I was poss thinking of offering a swap with cash my way for my freshly moted 58K xsS!
Can't really afford to run both the xsS and the 307 bus right now so I will be selling the wee car soon anyway I'm thinking a grand value in my car as its still all nice n tight and drives like a dream for a 19 year old 306, ( I've had 16 306's) so I know how good and bad they can be. Add the rarity of the xsS (26 left on the road 19 on sorn).
I've spent more than a grand so not trying to make cash off of it
What do you think the 205's worth against my car?

(15-08-2015, 08:23 PM)Ben_w Wrote: [ -> ]205 Gti and cheap new parts? You'll be lucky. Just a bumper is fetching 3 figures now....

Leave a note on it with your number.
Got to be few hundred just in parts

Take a touch and check it out underneath
The problem with old 205's isn't so much the mechanical parts. Mostly, they are still available and if you can get them cheap as you appear to be able to, then great.

The real issue comes with body parts and trim. Prices are getting silly for some bits. I saw a rear bumper on a facebook group. Was in pretty good condition etc but £150? Wow. I'm sure id heard of rear quarter window seals at £200. Its a bit nuts. I'd be having a serious look at the state of the body and trim and working back from there. A decent, running, MOTd 205 GTi will always be worth money. How much, tends to be dictated entirely by the state of the body and trim .

Hard to say a value without pics and knowing what issues it may have.