306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bonnet emblem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can I buy a black peugeout badge? Or how do people get it done? Thanks
I just sprayed mine...etch primer first, then poundland black gloss paint. Wink
Hmm can u send me picture of how Urs come out please
I've one that was sprayed on the cheap (no primer) and it is al flaking off now. Make sure you prep it properly!
Spray it
Mine was prepped properly, but has still flaked a bit, its had a hard life on the front of my car! Now I've got the smooth grill on, its taken up residence in my garage though. Wink
Spray it.10 min job

Looks ace
(16-08-2015, 07:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-MA...2100c68876

i want one like that but white
I have just orderd this Matt black one!
(13-08-2015, 08:56 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Mine was prepped properly, but has still flaked a bit, its had a hard life on the front of my car! Now I've got the smooth grill on, its taken up residence in my garage though. Wink

It probably flaked because you used etch primer, which is for bare metal, not for plastic  Confused
Yeah probably, was all I had to hand at the time though. Wink
(17-08-2015, 12:12 PM)conorpierce Wrote: [ -> ]I have just orderd this Matt black one!

I would have just sprayed the one on the car. £2 from poundland for primer and paint Big Grin
Painted badges always look shit 2 weeks later... I'm yet to see one painted well enough to take the abuse they get on the road...

I actually like chrome badges though, I know I'm in a minority for that lol. Hydrodipped badge would be cool though, would need plenty of lacquer on it.
If you sand it down, isn't it black underneath anyway?
Nah they're chrome coloured plastic all the way through afaik, they're not painted from the factory because paint would get damaged and flake off quickly... Itwasntme
(17-08-2015, 03:25 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Nah they're chrome coloured plastic all the way through, they're not painted from the factory because paint would get damaged and flake off quickly... Itwasntme

I'm pretty sure it isn't all the way through as i've sanded mine to get rid of the chrome shine and i sanded it down too far in some areas and it was black, or white now that i think about it lol
Hmm really? I've broken one or two, sure it was chrome right through. Confused
Just went to the car to check. So yeah, it's chrome then black then white lol
Well I stand corrected then! I still say it's not paint though, maybe dipped in something? I've never seen one flake or bubble like paint, I'm intrigued now... lol
So it's white plastic. Black must be primer then coated in whichever method to chrome. Could just gently sand it back to black without going through it lol
Just use plastidip and save your self a lot of hassle haha. Done my badge and fuel filler cap in it and both turned out brilliant. Will get a photo up soon

(17-08-2015, 07:18 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Just use plastidip and save your self a lot of hassle haha. Done my badge and fuel filler cap in it and both turned out brilliant. Will get a photo up soon

[Image: 33yi0li.jpg]
[Image: x2o2dd.jpg]
lion is pointing at a chip there bud Smile
I think that may have been where I touched it when I picked it up haha. Its still black it just looks a brighter colour because of the way it reflects the light back different to the rest haha

Having just licked my finger and rubbed it, Turns out it was dead insides of a bug or something. Its gone now haha