306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Front panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the front panel that is underneath the car and it carries a wiring loom on the bottom of it, what I think is the power steering pipe runs along it and I think the radiator sits on it, the piece itself is painted the same colour as the car.

The reason I want to know is that I had a barely 10mph meeting with a bank head on due to the wet roads today, and I'm trying to work out how much it's going to cost to fix, any help would be much appreciated
the lower crossmember?
Isn't it just the lower part of the front slam panel?
One of these my friend?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-...ING_ACTIVE

I'll take Westons cider as a finders fee Big Grin
My slam panel is black and my car is china blue, this piece I'm talking about is finished in china blue and I didn't think slam panels had a lower part, but I can't say that for sure

That may be it but I'm not 100% I will try and get a pictures of it tomorrow, if it is that i will snap it up!
Click my eBay link Connor. That part is normally painted body colour and is the section underneath the radiator. This is the only painted section carrying a wiring loom I can think of on the front of a 306
It's not structural (it's basically made of tin foil lol), not sure what you'd call it but you can just hammer it back into shape tbh.

Edit - Yes it's the part Ben linked. Smile
It's nothing to do with the slam panel. It connects the inner wings at their base and is normally painted the same as the body.
I tried hammering but there's not a lot of room to get at it.

Also my bonnet is sitting lower than my wings at the edges of the bonnet, is this fixable?
Be plenty of room if you remove the rad first...

You need to post a pic or 2 really regarding the bonnet, sounds like more damage than I had first assumed. Has the slam panel bent as well? Or the chassis legs?
Yeah true.
I didn't check, I'll have to look tomorrow, hopefully it's not too bad otherwise I'm going to look at getting something else