306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: turbo relocation pipe size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What size pipe is best for a relocation pipe to put a turbo over the gearbox? 

Also would it be best to open out the hole on the manifold to help the flow? 

Thanks in advance.
Some people gonna say 2" to help maintain spool/pressure, others gonna say 2.5".

If it were me, I'd go with whatever you already have plenty of.

If starting from scratch, I'd go 2.5", but that's just me. Most will say it's too large but I'd want to make sure it was future proofed for HX40 spool/pressures. Tongue
2.5" I had. I would say my turbo made up for it.

2" is probably plenty. Remeber the bigger it is, the more air space you need to pressurise to get that turbine spinning
Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo
(07-08-2015, 08:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]2.5" I had. I would say my turbo made up for it.

2" is probably plenty. Remeber the bigger it is, the more air space you need to pressurise to get that turbine spinning

The turbo im using is bigger than what you had on your car (I believe) ill see what ive got lieing around, got complete standard exhaust off the volcane I could use tho so id say that's around 2/ 2.25 inch
2" should be fine for most turbos, TD04, GT20 etc.
(07-08-2015, 08:48 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo

Yeah be fine
(07-08-2015, 09:33 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2015, 08:48 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo

Yeah be fine

Sweet I'll buy some 2" exhaust pipe
I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.
(07-08-2015, 09:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.

i was going to say the same. Rofl
(07-08-2015, 09:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.

As said, match it to what you are working with. What's the point in using much bigger pipe to allow the gases to expand on leaving the manifold to then have to be re-compressed when it gets to the turbo?

Or do like silverzx says and use what you have access to, it'll work anyway.