306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Heater Control Cables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Do any of you have any pics of the cables going to the controls on the heater before you've disconnected them please? I've been an idiot and taken off the tape i marked it up with as soon as I put the cables on, wrong. so took them off, put the unit behind the dash and now I don't know if they're right.  Doh  

Now the temp dial just moves the inner and outer cable and I have no idea how to secure them. or IF it's the right one. 
DO'H indeed.
I think I have pics but they'll be air con models, I would assume non-AC is different. Theres only 2 cables though, so if they're wrong just swap them over?
As neither outer cable is able to be held there's the same problem both ways round  Confused

That said, your pic may help either way!
The outer cables should clip in the back of the heater controls with a little black slide clip iirc, or is it the heater box end that won't hold? Will have a look through pics now.
(05-08-2015, 05:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]The outer cables should clip in the back of the heater controls with a little black slide clip iirc, or is it the heater box end that won't hold?  Will have a look through pics now.

Yep that's it, two outers got clips and the two inner just flap about.
Sorry, got sidetracked this evening! Rolleyes

You've lost me know though, so the outer cables are clipped in, but the inner ones aren't? Maybe a pic of yours might help us work out whats gone wrong lol!
After a scrap yard trip I found these were missing
[Image: 11846619_10152688916449058_5410079815087...e=563C31C3]

Like this
[Image: 11822824_10152688952494058_2895347623026...e=565162AF]

Mystery Solved! 

Onto the next one...