306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ebay scumbag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you who remember, I did an engine swap on my 306 then the bonnet flew open, well I got all of that fixed... Long story short, Bought an engine off an ebay scrappy, assured working order, never ran right, was a bitch to start up and eventually started knocking then this happened. It's off and just done another engine swap today.

Pistons were melted and the other day engine spat itself shut

[Image: 20150730_195731_zpslsiqc1km.jpg]
[Image: 20150730_195738_zps2viy7wd4.jpg]

[Image: 20150730_111515_zpsipad2bib.jpg]
[Image: 20150730_111511_zpsrppqictx.jpg]

[Image: 20150730_111507_zpsv6fl2u31.jpg]

The head gasket was still fine on this engine, however the blowby was something I've never seen before. The oil cap would go flying from the pressure and the dipstick would shoot up.
f*cking ebay shite, sorry to see this mate...
Ebay buyer protection is great, if this is recent you'll get the money for the engine back at least.
Never seen anyone manage to that to a HDi before! Bad luck, though as a frequent ebay seller, ebay always sides with the buyer. lol
thats crap! How does someone even manage that!
what would make the pistons do that????? to much heat??
f*cked injector or they've replaced it with one with the wrong nozzle?!
Really poor remap could potentially do it too i guess, you never know.. could've been run on one off an eBay disc or something
Thought I'd clicked o to the xud section by accident
how many miles were ment to be on this ^ shocking !
Is it possible to fit injectors with the wrong nozzles?? Are there different types of nozzle on sets of injectors that fit this car?