306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Mk5 astra 1.7cdti
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody owned/had experience with these? Just bought one off my sister and wondering what they're like? Just changed the front bumper as it had some damage but not insured on it yet. Astra forum is a load of shite lol
Black out the windows then you can drive like a lady garden because badman.
Meh. They're cars. Nothing special, but not horrendously unreliable either. Numb and overassisted to drive, but not as bad as some lol
(26-07-2015, 03:24 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. They're cars. Nothing special, but not horrendously unreliable either. Numb and overassisted to drive, but not as bad as some lol

I did notice that tbh. 306 feels more 'connected' and actually more quieter in terms of engine noise. Couldn't say no for the price i got it for and it's obv a lot nicer inside lol
We had them at work, not bad cars at all, plenty reliable and handle reasonably but nothing special either.
Removed and changed a few engines in these. Get the egr cleaned up/blanked as it causes no end of trouble. They have a lot of problems with going into limp mode but cleaning the two boost sensors fixes that. Also the oil seals around the injectors on the rocker cover always leak and they're cheap enough from the dealer. Most jobs are easy to do on them though. A map takes them straight to 130 bhp and 268 ftlbs.
Mate has one.

Keeps sticking eml on but ecu wont read. Think its a temp sensor issue.

Rear springs break too
Thanks for input folks Smile

It seems a decent car. Had a new alternator/clutch&flywheel/turbo/belts changed recently so that's a few things i shouldn't have to worry about. 

Squeeks a fair bit when driving but the alternator belt was changed so could it be the tensioner?

I also have the decision whether to insure 3 cars or sell one  Undecided
(26-07-2015, 09:53 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for input folks Smile

It seems a decent car. Had a new alternator/clutch&flywheel/turbo/belts changed recently so that's a few things i shouldn't have to worry about. 

Squeeks a fair bit when driving but the alternator belt was changed so could it be the tensioner?

I also have the decision whether to insure 3 cars or sell one  Undecided

Sell the disastra on TBH
yep those ones are f*cking shit man, the engine is horrible, the power delivery is horrible, the brakes are horrible, the steering is horrible.
The interior is horrible.

In short they're horrible little cars, which is a pity really as the Mk6 is actually alrite as a daily.
Never had a Mk5, although my old man has a Mk5 TwinTop.

My thoughts on them:

Interior is worse than the Mk4, awful dash vents ETC.
Economical
Nice to drive
Feel modern

Sounds like yours has had a fair bit of work so is probably worth keeping as a decent daily.

I have a MK6 1.7 CDTI and it performs faultlessly for a daily hack, although mines the 130BHP SRI.
(27-07-2015, 10:45 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Never had a Mk5, although my old man has a Mk5 TwinTop.

My thoughts on them:

Interior is worse than the Mk4, awful dash vents ETC.
Economical
Nice to drive
Feel modern

Sounds like yours has had a fair bit of work so is probably worth keeping as a decent daily.

I have a MK6 1.7 CDTI and it performs faultlessly for a daily hack, although mines the 130BHP SRI.

I quite like the dash tbh, looks pretty slick and simple. I just dont like how everything feels so light and disconnected. But keeping it for the safety factor over the 306 (airbags mainly) for a family car.
Having the celica as my daily and i think i'll end up just keeping the 306 parked on the drive as i doubt i could let it go. Made that mistake once already
I think most of the lads on here who got rid were gutted to see their HDi's go, johnny all-the-numbers is after one now...didnt he own one? Big Grin
I might end up selling it in the end though, even after all the money i've put into it  Undecided
Otherwise it'll just end up sitting on the drive forever lol