306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Speedo clocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right...after changing the speed sensor and checking earths on the car AND changing the speedo clocks

I still have the non working speed part.

Can someone find out please if its the blue plug or the yellow plus on the back of the clocks that operates the speed half of the clocks

thanks Smile
Ignore first post...

Right.

New speedo sensor
New speedo pinion(for the sensor)
All wires fine
All fuses are good

Would the speedo pinion bit on the driveshaft have anything to do with my 0mph readout? It's the only thing left Sad
its possible mate but i doubt it. They rarely break. If you can whip the sensor out, use a camera to take a photo in there and see if the pinion still has teeth on it!
How have you tested the wiring? Assuming just checked the continuity?
Could be a faulty speedo sensor (dont forget, just because its new doesnt mean it works!) or dials. Anything else on the dials not working?
nope only thing on the dials not working is the speedo.everything works fine. cant get a camera down there for the life of it unless i have a microscopic one lol. With my old one it used to lose power then 1min later kick back in. as if something wasnt catching then it would catch again. put new sensor on (hoping to fix it) and now i get full power not 0mph doing my nut in and will be payin the garage to sort it as i need the car for work daily
(29-09-2012, 05:47 PM)ben87 Wrote: [ -> ]nope only thing on the dials not working is the speedo.everything works fine. cant get a camera down there for the life of it unless i have a microscopic one lol. With my old one it used to lose power then 1min later kick back in. as if something wasnt catching then it would catch again. put new sensor on (hoping to fix it) and now i get full power not 0mph doing my nut in and will be payin the garage to sort it as i need the car for work daily

So your getting a signal at the plug for the dials?
thats 1 thing i aint actually checked...will leave it to the garage had enough of messing with it
Well my garage fixed it...he did exactly what I did,unplugged it cleaned sensor an pinion plugged it all back in and it worked! Bloody magician hands these garages have!

Well my garage fixed it...he did exactly what I did,unplugged it cleaned sensor an pinion plugged it all back in and it worked! Bloody magician hands these garages have!
(04-10-2012, 04:22 PM)ben87 Wrote: [ -> ]Well my garage fixed it...he did exactly what I did,unplugged it cleaned sensor an pinion plugged it all back in and it worked! Bloody magician hands these garages have!

Thats all I did to mine and it worked fine