306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Brake light switch issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week i had an issue where when i started the car, the interior dash lights were already on and would go even brighter when lights were on. Foglights also worked with lights off.

Now today the brake light switch would dim the mileage display/radio when headlights were off and would turn fogs on and off(if i turned fogs on at the stalk) when brake pedal was pressed.

After about 10mins everything goes back to normal  Confused

Only wiring i've messed with recently is fitting a sub/amp which aren't connected to the issue.

Any help would be appreciated Smile
Gonna take a wild guess and say its earthing related! Maybe you need another for your Sub/Amp

Disregard this if someone who is actually helpful comes along!
Yeah it sounds like an earth issue. Probably the one near the acc pedal for the problems you describe.
(22-07-2015, 07:06 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna take a wild guess and say its earthing related! Maybe you need another for your Sub/Amp

Disregard this if someone who is actually helpful comes along!

I did think that tbh
I took out the fuse from the amp power cable and the problem still remained. I might try and disconnect the earth to see if that makes any difference.

The thing that I don't get is why it's only an issue for ~10mins and only ever happens after i've used the front fogs for a few mins. When i start the car again after using fogs, i get this issue.

(22-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it sounds like an earth issue.  Probably the one near the acc pedal for the problems you describe.

Thanks Tom, will check it next time i use the car. Cba to go down 3 floors to check now as i'm already in my pj's lol
Turned out to be a faulty rear tail light bulb. All sorted now Big Grin