306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: soaking injector nozzles in white spirits overnight?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would white spirits clean diesel crud off injectors tips at all? I have heard of people using bbq cleaner soaking the tips overnight but I only have spirits but don't want to damage them. Thanks in advance.
Try and scrape or pick off as much as you can with a flatblade then soak it in coca cola
Whatever u do don't scrape over the tiny tiny little holes it will be enough to open them up or damage them. They are ridiculously small holes so won't take a lot to damage
Cheers guys, these are my old ones going back on as the new ones were crap. I just fancied cleaning them up as much as possible before hand.

I can't seem to get the nozzles off at all! Fricken welded on. Also I don't have any coke cola lmao.

My soaking thing as to clean the insides really outsides are fine.
the insides will be reasonably clean
Yeah tbf I don't see the insides getting that dirty really. There isn't much that can get in and make them dirty.
Yeah, don't go physically scraping them with stuff, you're more likely to do harm than good.
Get the injectors on a wire wheel. When they've blown seals and leaked diesel all over the injector, i've wire wheeled the whole injector before and never had any problems
Doing the injector bodies should be fine, it's the nozzles you'll block up like that.