306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bosch help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here's a surprise thread. NOT. Lol. Knew I shouldn't of f*cked with one. Anyway as I rotate the freshly built pump by hand the pully and pump shaft move inward ever so slightly on the compression part then back out. Im talking a few mm. Just want to check its ok as my cambelt obviously runs on it!! Help asap please as im without a car otherwise.
The pulley shouldn't be moving in an out :/ especially a few mm? Long long time ago i built mine but yeah
Well I thought id check my other pump. A known working 9mm that I removed. Seemed a logical step. That moves in and out ever so slightly as well. I think a few mm is exaggerating. So thought f*ck it ill finish fitting the pump. Worse that could happen is she wont run. Low and behold. She runs. Literally perfectly. Started up almost instantly not even a problem. Revs perfect. Just got to finish up and tune her now. Hopefully will be ok.
So finished tuning this. Goes well on full throttle. Couldn't get enough fuel in without knocking the throttle back a spline and dropping the idle though. Only thing that's a bit weird is first half of the pedal seems to inject a lot less fuel than expected. Picks up slower than the 9 did on half throttle. On full wack though my Christ she shifts. Anything I can do to combat this?
What's the state of the LDA setup?
Ground as much as I dare. Pin right up on the top. Havnt played with the wheel inside yet though.
Drop the pin down a bit?
I meant the star wheel is right on the top. I'll see if I can adjust it tonight on way home. Shouldn't take to long. Smile
(20-07-2015, 03:36 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I meant the star wheel is right on the top. I'll see if I can adjust it tonight on way home. Shouldn't take to long. Smile
yeah 5 min job isn't it, sounds like you've git the pin dropping a bit too late under boost Smile
I adjusted the top down still not enough. I'll do the little wheel thing tomorrow. Either that or I've got a spare lda and ill grind ot a bit more from the start.
(20-07-2015, 06:13 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I adjusted the top down still not enough. I'll do the little wheel thing tomorrow. Either that or I've got a spare lda and ill grind ot a bit more from the start.
make any noticeable difference? If you're got the star wheel right up it'll be that I would think Smile
Not really. I'll put the star wheel down later at work tomorrow when I get chance.