306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Lwilliams' Supercharged '6 (Pics up)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About time I started a thread (plus I've got some time to spare at the moment)

I bought the car from a guy on 306 Gti forum around a month ago, good points:

76,000 on the clock
Last owner had it for 10+ year (well looked after)
Supercharged
Willwood 4 pots
Still in oem spec
Interior in good condition
Strut Brace

Not so good:
Slight scrape offside rear arch
Couple of marks on the bumper
Engine mounts seem to be on their way out
Beam mounts making some noise

Since I've had it:

Stripped front end down
Literally cleaned everything off the front end (Intercooler,heat deflector washer bottle, etc..)
Sanded as much as I could get to at the front, and painted with bilt hamber zinc primer (expensive stuff)
Bought brand new valeo lights
Bought New engine mounts
Bought Contitech cambelt kit (thanks to MY95 on here)
Strut brace off ready for sand blasting
Bought all new powerflex black series bushes (thanks to Pauls group buy!)
Bought New weather strip vinyls for the b pillar

Most likely missed something, I'll add pictures later Big Grin

All I can say is from driving it home is  Inlove
Be interesting to see another supercharged thread.. looking to do the same on mine so always nice to see other peoples opinions.
Whats it compare like to you other car as your other one was heavily used on track is it literally night and day performance wise?
Looking forward to the photos and progress Luke Smile  
No problem re Cambelt, as said in your PM, apologies for not being able to stay and chat for a bit longer, didn't have much time left to get my hillruns all finished there was that much going on yesterday, great day though. Even if it was 11 hours in the car round trip lol 
How are the wilwoods? Stop as good as they look and easy enough to fit? Looking to fit them to my car but just getting some info first
(13-07-2015, 12:02 PM)Blandy Wrote: [ -> ]Be interesting to see another supercharged thread.. looking to do the same on mine so always nice to see other peoples opinions.
Whats it compare like to you other car as your other one was heavily used on track is it literally night and day performance wise?

You got another project on the go now have you mate? I'm pretty sure your the guy who my dad bought the rear fiberglass boot off for our track car...

Cornering it's not really fair to say, as this one is completely standard.. but in a straight line it would absolutely leave the rack car for dead.
(13-07-2015, 12:43 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to the photos and progress Luke Smile  
No problem re Cambelt, as said in your PM, apologies for not being able to stay and chat for a bit longer, didn't have much time left to get my hillruns all finished there was that much going on yesterday, great day though. Even if it was 11 hours in the car round trip lol 
How are the wilwoods? Stop as good as they look and easy enough to fit? Looking to fit them to my car but just getting some info first

ahh thanks again mate!
Yeah no worries I understand, I'm always rushing around at fcs have no time to do any thing so I know the feeling! 

Hell of a trip for you mate lol... i was sort of taking it easy on the way home so not really sure they feel good enough though... let you know when I give it a pasting Tongue

well I didn't fit them, the thread is on 306 gti forum, and they approvals they got off them was awesome! They were comparing them to the brembo kit, and saying they can't feel much of a difference in stopping power plus they fit under clones so a win win Tongue 
Starting:
[Image: 19044539723_5e5e3b236a_c.jpg]
[Image: 19639288106_40049f80e0_c.jpg]

Cleaning up:
[Image: 19477459160_3b8542af8f_c.jpg]

Parts to clean:
[Image: 19669902091_a7f64c8048_c.jpg]
[Image: 19477416150_a0247b0c74_c.jpg]
[Image: 19669863851_8709d5f4a8_c.jpg]
[Image: 19478755369_8a2f46e90f_c.jpg]

As it stands now:
[Image: 19042896284_9e7210b1c0_c.jpg]

New parts from pugfest:

[Image: 19042906354_710fcd68f5_c.jpg]

Lexus friend at pugfest + new track car  ninja :

[Image: 19477358938_0b5cb834fc_c.jpg]
[Image: 19669844011_501ca9898e_c.jpg]
Ah could of been picked it up from thame? did he buy seats as well? seems to ring a bell him talking about building a car with his son.. small world
Yeah ive got a 205 now thats been built from nothing lol been meaning to do a thread for a while
(13-07-2015, 04:34 PM)Blandy Wrote: [ -> ]Ah could of been picked it up from thame? did he buy seats as well? seems to ring a bell him talking about building a car with his son.. small world
Yeah ive got a 205 now thats been built from nothing lol been meaning to do a thread for a while

Yeah that's him mate Tongue

Get it up so I can see it... he said your last one was built well Smile
New car looks awesome, I'm sure it shall be a weapon as always! I'll be reading the thread with interest!

Gutted I didn't say hi over the weekend, I didn't actually realise you were going, I'd have made an effort to come and find you otherwise!

Next time for sure!
I recognise this but can't place it. If you change the ic let me know.
Looks epic glad you got a another blaze to rinse round the track Smile

That the highboost ic you have they I remmber mine,arrgghh hated the way the pipes used to go,careful of speedbumps.
Looks like I've got another thread to follow now!

Didn't realise you'd be at pugfest, would have come and said hello!
(13-07-2015, 05:05 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]New car looks awesome, I'm sure it shall be a weapon as always! I'll be reading the thread with interest!

Gutted I didn't say hi over the weekend, I didn't actually realise you were going, I'd have made an effort to come and find you otherwise!

Next time for sure!

Yeah come say hi mate! Would love to have a chat. I would come and find you but, I don't have a clue who people are Blush

Thanks mate can't wait to get around to using it Tongue

(13-07-2015, 05:12 PM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]I recognise this but can't place it. If you change the ic let me know.

What the car? or picture?

(13-07-2015, 08:05 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Looks epic glad you got a another blaze to rinse round the track Smile

That the highboost ic you have they I remmber mine,arrgghh hated the way the pipes used to go,careful of speedbumps.

Yeah blaze is awesome Tonguewhistle Yeah there's some marks on the botoms of the pipes now Tongue Will have to be careful

(13-07-2015, 08:56 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like I've got another thread to follow now!

Didn't realise you'd be at pugfest, would have come and said hello!

Thanks for the follow mate yeah same to you, not sure who people are. To be fair I've only spoken to grant tidy, nail,dum dum and matt (my95) a little bit. Haven't really spoken to anyone else, did say hi to piggy quickly as pugfest but he wasn't sure who I was lol 
The car! I recognise it from the GTi6 forum but cannot place the owner... Smile
(14-07-2015, 09:13 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-07-2015, 05:05 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]New car looks awesome, I'm sure it shall be a weapon as always! I'll be reading the thread with interest!

Next time for sure!

Yeah come say hi mate! Would love to have a chat. I would come and find you but, I don't have a clue who people are Blush

I'm pretty easy to spot at shows.

6ft 6. Ginger. Generally found talking bollocks.
Got on with it lately:

Managed to get some nice weather to paint....
[attachment=24521][attachment=24520][attachment=24522]
I was a little annoyed because the paint ain't exactly the same color even though I got the right paint code ege (the paint looks like nile blue in person) But oh well your not going to see much of it Tongue

Next I started building it back up:
[attachment=24519]
Then I made a noob mistake fitted the fans without checking to see if it will work... I just assumed they fitted on the old one they will fit on this...
The nissens rad seems to have the core sit further forward, so the fan was hitting the oil cooler, cut the ties off waiting for the next set to come so I can move it over... luckily it just about fit where the other fan is now...
[attachment=24518]

I then took the strut brace in to work and media blasted it...
was moaning a bit about having it powder coated because it was 30 quid!! but really happy I did now it looks really good.
[attachment=24517]

(15-07-2015, 09:32 AM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]The car! I recognise it from the GTi6 forum but cannot place the owner... Smile

walls 99 I think his name was on gti6 forum, he was french! He wanted to sell this he'd just bought a rs4 Tongue
(15-07-2015, 05:38 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2015, 09:13 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: [ -> ]

Next time for sure!

I'm pretty easy to spot at shows.

6ft 6. Ginger. Generally found talking bollocks.

We can talk bollocks together then!  lol