306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Heater blower not working-Cold...So cold...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So heater blower decided to stop working. Have already check fuses and I think the relay is ok (not 100% which one it is) but when I use the switch there isn’t even a click. This makes me think the switch is at fault (also used to need a wiggle here and there to work) Anyone any other suggestions before I go looking for a set of ph1 heater dials?

Thanks, Adam 
have you checked to see if the blower motor has voltage?

does it blow on max/4 or not on any settings?
(08-07-2015, 06:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked to see if the blower motor has voltage?

does it blow on max/4 or not on any settings?

Blowers not getting and voltage, tested it on a battery first and ran fine and its not getting anything on any setting so for now ruling out resistor pack...
ph1 heater controls rarely fail tbh, they are very basic by their nature.

my bet would be resistor died and potentially a dying blow motor which is overheating the resistor pack
(08-07-2015, 06:35 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]ph1 heater controls rarely fail tbh, they are very basic by their nature.

my bet would be resistor died and potentially a dying blow motor which is overheating the resistor pack

Had the motor out last night, and actually looked quiet fresh, was expecting all sorts of shit to fall out of it and it literally needed a quick clean (greased the bearings while I was there) and there was pretty much no play in it too :S
where is the resistor pack in a ph1? and is there any to test it?
its above the fan unit. easier to access from the scuttle panel. it will look toast potentially
Cold!? You not getting the heatwave in NI lol?
(08-07-2015, 08:17 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Cold!?  You not getting the heatwave in NI lol?

Heatwave in NI? Itwasntme think we got 1 day of sun the rest of the time it pisses down lol. Plus only got round to it yesterday due to a 'suprise' mot by the dva last week and got it took off me Itwasntme

Either way it cold at night and want to fix this asap lol
Lol, haven't used heaters for a few weeks here!! AC has been on rinsing fuel for that time, wish we had your climate. Tongue
(08-07-2015, 09:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, haven't used heaters for a few weeks here!!  AC has been on rinsing fuel for that time, wish we had your climate. Tongue

Trust me you don't hahah. I dont even have AC, no point anyway if i did it probably wouldnt work.

Not sure if i should just try to get a ph1 control board to test the switch, it stopped working after turnig it up and down alot.... Itwasntme
Lol. Yeah if it was me I'd probably try another board, you can always sell it on if it's not that.
(08-07-2015, 09:29 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.  Yeah if it was me I'd probably try another board, you can always sell it on if it's not that.

Still the 100 post limit on the wanted section Confused
You'd better get posting then. Wink
Bit of an update...
So changed all relays and double checked fuses and still nothing, just leaves shagged wire, shagged switch or shagged resistor, new heater panel ordered last nite so should be here next week. So... does anyone know where the resistor pack is in a ph1? and is there anyway to test it?
see my above post Smile
(10-07-2015, 09:19 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]see my above post Smile

Cheers Piggy, shall have a look tonight, have to pull an engine out first Itwasntme
Another update… New switch tried today…and nothing ffs. So that leaves dodgy wiring or resistor pack… Anyone know how to test the resistor pack and know exactly whereabouts it is in a ph1 as I haven’t been able to find it?
Just done my phase 3 resistor pack. It is the metal finned part of the blower motor. Mines been dicking about for ages and I've changed all sorts. This fixed it.

[Image: IMG-20150709-WA0006.jpg] [Image: IMG-20150709-WA0005.jpg]