306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: HDI wont start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I've a HDI on a X plate. The other day when I went to start it wouldn't start. It was attempting to start but would not fire up. After about 15 mins it started.

Got home, then tried to start again - would not start.

I cannot hear the lift pump priming.

So far I've done the following

Replaced brown multiplug (brand new from Pug) behind ECU - problem persists
Steve @ HDI Tuning sent me out a tested working unlocked ECU - but again, problem persists
Cleaned up earth points below battery.

I've checked the voltage going to the lift pump with a multimeter - its reading 10.7v when the ignition is on. Should this be reading closer to 12v?

Thanks for any help
Update. Put power direct to pin 2 and 3 on pump and pump still does not prime. Looks like pump issue to me.

edit- the reading on 10.7v i was getting above was an error by me.

For the first 3 secs ignition is turned on i get 12.95v then drops to ~3v.
Sounds a lot like a dead lift pump, failing that there's a lot of info in the link in my sig.
Thanks poodle. I just want to check, when wiring up battery direct to the fuel pump, is it pins 2 and 3 to get pump to prime? I've not found anything to confirm this. When running a multimeter in the plug itself I see 12v when ignition on so assumed it's these pins on pump to get it to run.

[Image: connector.jpg]
No bother, its marked on the pump itself, under all the crud Big Grin
Dead pump. I seem to recall only seeing 11v when engine off, but it was 2 years ago.
You want 12v positive and an earth, don't know which pins off the top of my head, sorry.
new pump fitted, started first time and running well. Bloody EML illuminated now though!
That should go out after a few starts, or you can find someone local with a code reader and get it cleared.