306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: cigarette lighter with ignition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I want my cigarette lighter to go on/off with the ignition (so I dont have to unplug and put away whatever is plugged in all the time). whats the best way to do this? use the switched live from the stereo or some other method?
Does it not? Mine always goes off with ignition
It should turn off with the ignition. Iirc a fuse moved does this
Also has the wires on the back of it been played with? Someone may have mixed up constant live with sign live
as 4way said, go in the fusebox and there's a couple of fuses with 3 slots instead of the usual 2, shift the fuse down a slot and that should do it . .Smile
ahhh well the fuse was blown and I stuck it in the top 2 slots, so move it down should cure it?
should do yeah, does your HU stay on aswell?
hu?
Head Unit. My lighter stays on as well, or at least it did until i broke it, and now it doesnt work at all! When i get it fixed, i shall have to try moving the fuse! Big Grin
nah my head unit goes off ok! weird eh :-p
My cigarrette lighter didnt work for ages. Then i realised the innards of the sat nav plug had fallen out in the footwell and i was just putting a plastic casing in the cigarette lighter!
Genius Sam, BTW what where the make and where did you get the LED tailgate bulbs? Guy in electrics thread was asking.
4WayDiablo Wrote:should do yeah, does your HU stay on aswell?

different fuse for the HU to the cig lighter IIRC phill but they can both be either switched with the ignition or on constantly by moving the jumper fuses in the fuse box as said Smile
afaik headunit fuse is on the left with the 3 slots, and cig lighter on the left with 3 slots.
AFAIK
without looking on autodata
pilot switch. switch on switch off. good cheap mod