306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing to non abs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
apparently it's gunna cost me loads in a rebuild kit to sort my rear beam and I just don't have the money for it right now.

So what will it take to convert the car to non abs? 
Is it a case of just changing the hubs to non abs hubs? 
I also heard something about shorter driveshafts/wishbones? 
And how do you go about removing abs stuff I don't need?

Or can I just unplug the sensors? 
I need an abs drum beam to get it through the mot and living on this shitty little island isn't helping me because either the rear beams are f*cked or they think they are made out of gold and are charging £150+ for them Sad
see my other post in your other thread.

just swap your abs brakes on the rear over to your non abs beam ThumbsUp

to convert the car to non abs, you need to remove the abs system, IE ecu and abs pump. Replace the brake lines with non abs brake lines, fit rear compensator and remove the wiring if you so wish.

But my planA would probably be easier Smile
(26-06-2015, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]see my other post in your other thread.

just swap your abs brakes on the rear over to your non abs beam ThumbsUp

to convert the car to non abs, you need to remove the abs system, IE ecu and abs pump. Replace the brake lines with non abs brake lines, fit rear compensator and remove the wiring if you so wish.

But my planA would probably be would it still 
would it still pass a mot, as the car is listed as having ABS???
If it was to pass a mot you would need to remove all visible traces of abs
(27-07-2015, 05:24 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]If it was to pass a mot you would need to remove all visible traces of abs

but on the paper work the mot tester prints off before he dose a mot, it will say on it that it has abs?
My old gti had abs as standard, removed all the trace of it and it went through several mot's afterwards. Same with cheesegrater on here, his car was ABS. Sacked it off and it's been through plenty of mot's
Like the myth of the daylight mot! If you present a motorbike for an mot with absolutely no lights or switches they will not fail it but will hand you an extra v62 something stating no lights present at time of test! ;-) if there's no abs to test then there's no abs to test!