306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Screw on Battery Terminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

The rallye has a weird screw on battery terminal and as I have been swapping batteries between cars ive been swapping the push on screw fitting too. Unfortunately now the legs have snapped off and it doesnt make contact.

Havent got a picture of the bit itself but this is a picture of the same kind of terminal. Any idea to where the got the threaded bit to put on the battery?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ2OFg3ODA=/z...we-FU6N8u/$_57.JPG

Cheers
Sam
Scrap yard?

If you want I think I have a negative side one in my scrap pile but it's a slightly different design.
Peugeot might do them still.
Most of my 306s had them and tbh it's shit, sack it off and buy new terminals
Use the positive from the HDi if bash doesn't need it, will be the push fit style and its only a short bit between bqttery, starter and alternator iirc.
Yep the HDI is push fit style. Just thought if it was a 99p part on ebay or something I would be able to do that rather than fit new terminals.
Mine broke on my 6 so i fitted one of these instead

Clicky.
Just cut the cable and fit the normal style clamps!
yeah, just lop it off and use a normal clamp, one of the two sizes is NFP, and yes they are differing sizes so not swappable.
Another vote for sacking them off and getting normal clamps. Wink

They're just as cheap from the motor factors, and far less hassle. You know it makes sense. Smile
sack it off it will always give you greif else

from this Hash job!

[attachment=23850]

to this smart job

[attachment=23849]

I know which one id pick!
Wink
have you got no quick release anywhere on that battery then?
(17-06-2015, 11:57 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]have you got no quick release anywhere on that battery then?

no why would i want one..
if the car is going to burn i dont want to be no where near it
let alone lifting a bonnet on a burning enginebay

burning cables release toxic fumes that is real bad for you
The threads on my screw one ended up breaking and made it hard to get a good connection.
Quite a few times I lost power at night because of it.
Mines same as second pic. No quick release. Not needed. Very few cars have that