306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fuel hose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The hose between my fuel filter housing and fuel pump has gone really hard. Its a thin clear garden hose type. What is the best type to replace it to minimise air leaks. Some swanky silicone hose?
they always were quite hard. best replacement is standard part from Peugeot
I'd sack off the fuel filter in the bay, and replace with a TT large inline filter - standard filter and housing is crap

http://s834.photobucket.com/user/max_tai...0.jpg.html
that is neat!

But with the standard fuel filter housing i can preheat the fuel with coolant which is useful if running veg
(12-06-2015, 07:43 AM)hennus Wrote: [ -> ]that is neat!

But with the standard fuel filter housing i can preheat the fuel with coolant which is useful if running veg

For the sake of running veg, id be inclined to just dilute with diesel during the colder seasons and get the above fuel filter and even add some kind of insulation if you're that worried.

I've had frozen veg before and it's not that bad..
Agreed inline is defo the way. The pump has a tank return which pre-heats the fuel before it arrives anyway so once you get going it isnt sucking cold veg.

Have had mine running on 50/50 in -8 degrees

https://youtu.be/WC-uMZoOdBw
nice! so how exactly does the fuel return work? the warmed unused fuel doesnt go straight back to the tank?
(13-06-2015, 01:47 PM)hennus Wrote: [ -> ]nice! so how exactly does the fuel return work? the warmed unused fuel doesnt go straight back to the tank?

yes as standard.

Remember the coolant only heats the fuel once the coolant is warm...by which time your engine is warm...and doesnt need the fuel to be heated as much!

bigger fuel filter and 10mm lines, 5% petrol, two stroke oil.. Job done.
yeh, i do chuck a bit of petrol in there from time to time to keep the viscosity down, weather dependent. what would be the benefit of two stroke oil?

inline filters though.. get from ebay? i cant help feeling that the standard filter housing is susceptible to the odd air leak
I ran my 1.9 on 100% all through the winter. I had one moment in -6 that it wouldn't start. Got a few kettles over the pump and she fired up for a 300mile trip home. I have to agree though. 10mm Lines help a LOT while running the veggie
how wide are the standard fuel lines?
8mm. Only just upgraded to 10mm lines in the last month or so.