306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutches..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stage 3. New clutch will be needed at some point soon. Soon so what budget options are available.?

Dw10 hdi

Please include flywheel change options, if any.

Also I heard that some of the van cluitches were slightly meatier clutch than standard. Is this true?

Bearing in mind stage3. So 340ft/lb plus
cg are the most common, they work but quality is hit and miss. With your turbo I don't think you will see over 300 lbs ft, good hp but i don't think it will give the low down air, which is good news for the clutch
I'll be buying an xud cg clutch soon. Might be able to get a discount?
mine will be a while, as i said i will be pushing the old one apart first.
Over 300 lb/ft = goodbye gear box!
(08-06-2015, 08:46 PM)pugbug Wrote: [ -> ]Over 300 lb/ft = goodbye gear box!

er... no
Hes not right but hes not overly wrong either, plant it in 5th and you will strip the teeth clean off with much over 300lbs/ft, its happened many times on here, I'm on my second or third box :/
Don't know of anyone here on .net been running over 300 lb/ft without box issues in the long run. Good for dyno runs, but that's box is not rated for them type of torque figures.
No need to make the torque that high IMO - with a bigger turbo you should be able to inject further up the RPMs, 340lb.ft is just a recipe for damaging driveline components and causing wheelyspins everywhere. It's nice having that quantity of torque, but the reality is more of a nightmare, it does mean you have to restrict it - the chassis and driveline just can't cope.

I'd be trying to keep it below 310-320lb.ft to save stuff like that - That's my opinion anyway.
As the others have said, this turbo shouldn't be torque-monster, which is one of the main reasons i specced it. Personally i'd suggest trying to find a second-hand unit from helix or sachs, or perhaps look into the uprated luk version someone mentioned recently. A lot of the van clutches are meant to be meatier and seem to hold more abuse, might be worth a go.
That's what I was thinking.. I am wondering if the hdi partner vans are beefier and/or have a stronger spring setup to accommodate for the increased load requirements with the van.!

Who would know?
I believe it's just a more heavily sprung cover plate, i guess the sachs consumer info line might be able to help, got to be worth a shot. That said, i'd still be surprised if it could the abuse you're likely to give it...