306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Any advice on a 138bhp hdi engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at a C4 2.0 hdi vts 3dr to replace the 306. Anyone had any experience with them? 
siemens ECU, duelmass flywheel, fuel additive system on the later ones,french electrics!
i suspect a good service history with the fuel additive included cambelt, and clutch flywwheel change on high milage would cover most

ive been looking at the C4 coupe Wink
The 'coupe' is the 3dr one i'm looking at yeah? 
I was just making sure they're not like the 1.6hdi, which everyone seems to advise to stay well clear of lol

I'm not looking to spend this much though!..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...obcid=soc3
Don't forget the Eolys DPF itself needs replacing around 75k (ironically partly because the Eolys its self causes a fair amount of ash lol ), so if it's past that make sure it's been changed or gutted. I wouldn't worry too much about the fluid needing topped up, its an awkward job but isn't overly expensive for the fluid if you buy aftermarket stuff.

Tbh I wish I'd chosen the 2.0 over the 1.6 for the Focus, live and learn.
The one i'm going to look at later on already has a dpf problem but is being sold pretty cheap for that reason.
If i gut it and map it out, that should sort it? Would it do any harm to continue driving it as it is with the dpf issue?
Depends what the problem is, if it's blocked and you keep driving it you're putting backpressure on the turbo. Also if it's constantly trying to regen you end up with a lot of diesel getting into the oil, raising the level and thinning it which isn't good.

If you're going to just drive it home carefully you'll probably be alright, but check the oil level isn't too high first.
Yeah. I need to factor in either a possible new dpf or cost of it to be mapped out. Can't see either being  cheap Sad

Just tempted by a newer car but hate the problems associated with newer diesels
New aftermarket dpf for them is about 150 iirc, cheaper than the 1.6 one anyway. Original will be about 800 lol. But replacing the dpf doesn't always solve the issue, it could be a sensor, pipe or wiring fault. Or the egr sticking.open producing more spot than the dpf can handle.

Gutting is easy as its a straight dpf on the 2.0 so can just bash it through. It's the map that'll cost though.
Yeah that's what i'm worried about, cost of the map. He wants £900 for the car, 93k with 12 months mot. Might just buy it and leave it for when i have a bit more money to get it remapped. 

I'm deep down hoping it's in poor condition and plagued with problems so i dont buy it lol
Lol, I bet you won't be able to resist it. Wink
(31-05-2015, 10:20 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, I bet you won't be able to resist it. Wink

That's what i'm afraid of lol

Tbh i'll most likely keep the 306 either way and give the celica the boot if it comes to it.

I'm hopefully going to see it in an hour so will report back Smile
i would be asking how he Got an MOT with a deputation fault!

Dodgy MOT what else is wrong??????
(31-05-2015, 10:34 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]i would be asking how he Got an MOT with a deputation fault!

IIRC depolution faults do not bring up the EML on 206s so if it didnt, it will pass. They don't have to pay any attention to any warning messages. Only lights that may indicate a fault.
(31-05-2015, 10:34 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]i would be asking how he Got an MOT with a deputation fault!

I did think that as the EML was on and a warning on the display about particulate fluid being low. 

Didn't go too far into details as i wasn't impressed with the interior build quality. Seats wobbling all over the place etc 306 is solid compared to the C4. 
Eml light isn't a fail anyway. Just an advise. Airbag light no longer has to illuminate and go out. Just as long as its not on. Abs HAS to come on then go off.
(31-05-2015, 02:14 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Eml light isn't a fail anyway. Just an advise. Airbag light no longer has to illuminate and go out. Just as long as its not on. Abs HAS to come on then go off.

Oh ok. I thought new rules were EML light meant mot failure.
Didn't know about the airbag light not needing to come on. Easy enough to just take the bulb out then
The eml light used to be its was a failure for about a year.
I have a 110 Hdi in my 307 sw se and the associated anti pollution fault. Typical 307 :-(
If you have a similar problem on  the car your looking at and it's in limp mode ( not revving over 3000) unplug the MAF as a temporary fix and this will remove the limp mode, don't know what effect this will have come mot time if any tbh!
I still have my 306 Hdi estate but no longer need it but can't bear being stuck with only the 307 so now looking for a 3 door phase 1 dturbo! S if poss to run for work and play!