306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 106 quicksilver reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was thinking about getting a quicksilver for a daily n doing the usual to it stripping it out 421main straight through exhaust n map how quick or fun do you lads think it would be
Why not just get a hdi and not look gay?
Already got a hdi stage 2 just fancied a change n give the old girl a break
Test drove one ages and ages ago,loved it.walked away and rang him half hour later and it had been sold Sad
I bought one really cheap as a run around.
It had 1-2-4 mani, decat, straight through to cherry bomb, lowered and some gay wolfrace wheels.
Changed the wheels to black cyclones.

I absolutely loved it!
Probably one of the most fun cars I've ever had!

There's a video on YouTube of me ragging it about, although time of the video I have no 5th and reverse and it was difficult to find other gears due to gear linkage.
I'm in the right mind of buying one tbh hdi is funking me over big time lol clutch has decided to start slipping in 3rd 4th n 5th n want a toy in the mean time plus I bet there like go carts on the corners

(30-05-2015, 08:28 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]I bought one really cheap as a run around.
It had 1-2-4 mani, decat, straight through to cherry bomb, lowered and some gay wolfrace wheels.
Changed the wheels to black cyclones.

I absolutely loved it!
Probably one of the most fun cars I've ever had!

There's a video on YouTube of me ragging it about, although time of the video I have no 5th and reverse and it was difficult to find other gears due to gear linkage.
What's the video called pal
They are tiny little cars though. if your over 5' 8" tall it'll be small for you.
I'm 6ft lol gutted
I'm 6'4" and it's terrible in the standard seating position. 306 seats make it much better.
Are they a straight swap or got to change the rails n that
The tunnel side bolts straight up, the sill side will sit nicely with the 306 rail on top of the 106 rail if you remove the 106 rail from the seats and bolt it to the car then weld the 2 together.
been in one once... just standard 106 and the best one besides the gti...
I'd go for gti tbh but insurance would be a killer dunno whether to look for a xud or quicksilver can't make my mind up and not to much hassle then dum seems like a handy little mod
When I had mine I was 5ft9" and 22stone.
Me and deggers drove around in it pretty comfortably tbh and he isn't small either! :-)

I would personally buy a gti at some point, just to make up for the fun again! :-)
My gti6 wasn't as fun :-(
Ive loved using my s2 1.6 xs for the last 6 months, no gti kit like the quiky but if anything i prefer it looking more like a 1.1.... it could do with a couple upgrades, but surprisingly fun straight out the box. It even did ~40mpg up and down the m5 to work
I used to have a phase 1 xsi. Was a right hoot. Bought for £150 off a copper. Stripped it down to just the front seats. No dash no nothing that I didn't need. Was a really fun car. Then I smashed the sunroof with a canoe so replaced with a bit of filing cabinet. Lol. I remember when I came to get rid i spent 3 days trying to blow it up and didn't succeed.
Anything above size 6 shoe you'll end up pushing all the pedals at once
(31-05-2015, 05:22 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Anything above size 6 shoe you'll end up pushing all the pedals at once
This is something that takes a while to get use to.
Also the pedals are further on one side.
(31-05-2015, 05:22 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Anything above size 6 shoe you'll end up pushing all the pedals at once

Tried driving my NAD in size 11 steel toe caps once...  You can guess how it went...  Couldn't accelerate without braking due to the proximity of the wheel arch. lol

Must admit I didn't have any more of a height issue with it than the 306 though, both pretty poor in terms of squeezing legs under the wheel when close enough to comfortably reach the wheel.  But I do have excess leg for my 6ft height. Confused

I'm 11 or 11.5 and my one was fine for a year.
I'm size 12 and I can't get on with the pedal box what so ever, I'll be braking up to a junction and the engine would be red lining
I'm 6' 1", wear size 10 shoes and have no problems whatsoever, including 10+ hour journeys. Just put the seat back!
I had a saxo furio, essentially exactly the same.. Then bought a HDi which was faster even in standard form, cheaper to insure and much better on fuel. I wouldn't bother if you've already got a s2 HDi it'll feel slow as sin
Just wanted a toy whilst I do the clutch n turbo on the hdi but I'm gona bite the bullet and get it sorted
Im selling one, £550 with 12 months MOT Smile

[Image: IMG_3604_zps9t6ljofo.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3606_zpsyikqozev.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3605_zpswfinsgmf.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3610_zpsozk8jud9.jpg]

Since the pics i have replaced the arch trim, (im also breaking another quicksilver so have endless amounts of bits) And i have another quicksilver door i can include with the sale. also the interior will be having a damn good scrub up.

For £600 i would include a good 4-2-1 tubular manifold Smile

EDIT: its just had a recon box and new valeo 3 piece clutch kit. engine was serviced at the same time. i will be sticking a cambelt kit on it before i MOT it as i have no service history with the car and its a nice easy cheap job to do. Smile